What does it mean to be productive and why should that be an issue of focus for everyone this year? Also, and more importantly, how does one become more productive? Are there certain productivity tips one could employ to boost one’s overall productivity? These are some of the questions we hope to tackle and answer in this post. We will discuss what it means to be productive, and simple tips anyone could use to increase productivity. As you prepare yourself for a year filled with tangible results, we believe these tips will come in handy.
According to the Cambridge Dictionary, being productive is the quality of being able to deliver significant, positive results. In our context, this could relate to one’s work, business, career, academics, etc. In other words, it is a state of effectiveness that produces anticipated positive results. So, when one has significant, positive results, once can be said to be productive. Taking this concept further, being more productive means generating even more positive results.
Before looking at what it means to be more productive, here are related posts you might enjoy:
- How to manage Time effectively and become more Productive
- How to be more Productive at Work
- Seven Signs of Poor Time Management
- Seven Productive Ways to Spend your Free Time
- Seven Essential Personal Qualities for a Successful Year ahead
- How Taking Risks can make you more Successful this Year
- How to set achievable Goals this Year
Also, as we like to remind, if you’re yet to subscribe to our mailing list, you can do so right here today. Your free subscription allows us to send you inspiring posts like this via email. To subscribe, simply enter your name and email below and hit the submit button:
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
In the following sections, we will take a closer look at what it means to be productive. We will then discuss five tips on how to be more productive this year. Finally, we will conclude with our usual Funny Quote for the Day.
What it Means to be Productive
Here are a few practical definitions of what it means to be productive:
- Being productive means getting good results. At the end of the day, regardless of how much effort goes into a task, results are all that count.
- Contrary to common belief, productivity is not the same as
- Productivity means efficiency; being able to achieve excellent results as quickly as possible.
- Productivity also means getting quality The results of one’s productivity could easily be called into question if they don’t meet a high standard of excellence.
- Being productive means getting quality, positive results consistently.
In the next section, we will share five simple tips on how to be more productive
Five Simple Tips on How to be more Productive
- Use a To-Do List: One excellent way to ramp up productivity is to use To-Do lists. Basically, a To-Do list itemizes tasks you wish to accomplish within a specific time frame e.g., a day, or week. Taking time early in the day or the night before to put such a list together helps give one focus. It also ensures that important tasks get prioritized, and deadlines are met.
- Focus on One Task at a Time: Researchers have been able to show that multitasking makes tasks take much longer to accomplish. They have also been able to show that diffused focus can negatively impact one’s productivity. Instead, it is recommended that one handles tasks individually, with allotted time slots per task. This productivity tip allows one to focus on individual tasks and where necessary, shelve tasks that take excessive time. To be more productive and perform quality work in less time, one must focus on one task at a time.
- Identify your Personal Work Patterns: By personal work patterns, we mean times of the day when one is most likely to be most productive. Understanding one’s work patterns can be key to becoming a more productive person. For example, some people tend to have better focus when they work at night, or early in the day. Identifying these personal work patterns can help one use them for more productive work. To identify the work pattern that best works for you, review your daily schedule to identify your peak efficiency periods. One can then try to perform crucial tasks within that time frame for best results.
- Take Breaks: Exhaustion and stress are known factors that reduce productivity. As a preventive measure, it is recommended that one take periodic breaks to clear one’s mind and realign one’s focus. For example, one could take a 10-minute break from work to take a brief walk or listen to inspiring music. The act of taking one’s attention off a task and returning with new focus can be helpful in boosting productivity.
- Create a Productivity System: Our last tip on how to be more productive is to develop a work method that helps keeps you productive. For example, one could set specific times during the day when you check and respond to emails. This may be useful if you get a lot of emails that may distract you from more important tasks. By setting specific times and methods for handling daily tasks, one can become more effective in their performance.
What steps do you follow to ensure that you have a productive day? How have such strategies made you more productive? Leave us a comment at the end of this post, or on social media. As always, we would love to hear from you.
Today’s Funny Quote
Our funny quote today is by John Gotti, the American Gangster and Crime Boss. He said:
If you think your boss is stupid, remember: you wouldn’t have a job if he was any smarter.
Did you know that Innovate Today is a part of Innovate Design Studios Ltd? We are a web design company that provide premium web design, website maintenance and graphics services. If you’d like to know more about the service we provide, feel free to check out our Services page. On the other hand, if you’d like to get a free, no obligation quote for your web design project, contact us to submit a quote request.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.