Today, we would like to share with you twenty-one specially curated quotes about excellence. In addition, we will attempt to define the word excellence, and highlight reasons why striving for it is essential. We believe that the difference between good and excellent is time and attention to details. Our hope is that everyone that reads this post will be inspired to strive for excellence in their own lives. And of course, put in the extra needed to elevate their work from okay to exceptional. On that note, let’s jump right into the subject matter.
At the heart of this post lies the question of what the difference between good great is. Also, if excellence is so important, for reasons we will explore shortly, how do we achieve excellence? We live in a world today where success is often measured by quantity. And while its certainly necessary to increase sales and profits or number of clients, quality must never be overlooked.
One excellent way to strive for excellence is to do so in your personal life. For example, you most likely may not be able to enforce your personal brand of excellence on others at work. However, you can ensure that the work you do is always top rated. By choosing to be the best version of ourselves, and avoiding competition with others, we can truly excel in life
Before we continue, here are some related posts we’ve written that you might enjoy:
- Five Practical Leadership Strategies to run a Successful Business
- Seven Secrets of Highly Successful People
- Fifteen Inspiring Denzel Washington Quotes on Success
- How Taking Risks can make you more Successful this Year
- Seven Essential Personal Qualities for a Successful Year ahead
- Doing the Impossible
- How to Start Over after Failure
As we also like to remind, do consider subscribing to our electronic mailing list today, if you’ve not done so. Joining our free mailing list will allow us to send you inspiring posts like this regularly. To subscribe, simply enter your name and email below:
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
In the next section, we will take a quick look at the definition of excellence. We will then go on to explain why striving for excellence is necessary. Finally, we will conclude with our specially curated quotes about excellence.
What is Excellence?
What does it mean to be excellent? For example, does it mean being better than everyone else? What if there’s no one to compare your work to? Does that automatically make you excellence regardless of the quality of your work? On the other hand, does being better than everyone else qualify as excellence if you could have done better than yourself? These are complicated questions to answer.
The standard definition of excellence is that it is the quality of excelling or being exceptionally good at something. However, as you can also tell, it requires some measure of comparison to be measured.
A better way to look at excellence is as the quality of being better than everyone at something, including yourself. Excellence is a virtue that sets people apart because it is unique and rare.
How would you define Excellence? Leave us a comment with your thoughts on the subject. We would love to hear from you.
Why Striving For Excellence is Important
In our context, striving for excellence means constantly trying to put out your best work. Therefore, we could say that excellence is the quality of doing things in the best way possible, every time.
Here are three reasons why striving for excellence is important:
- Excellent work brings attention and opens the doors of opportunity to one.
- Striving for excellence give one an edge over others because it brings distinction.
- It produces personal satisfaction and improved efficiency.
What other reasons do you think there are to strive for excellence? Let us know in the comments section.
Twenty-One Inspiring Quotes about Excellence
Here are twenty-one inspiring quotes about excellence to encourage you to strive for excellence in your life. We hope they inspire you deeply:
- Excellence is in the details. Give attention to the details in everything you do, and excellence will come. – Perry Sexton
- The future belongs to only those who would attain excellence in the field of their own choice. – Abhijit Naskar
- A passive mindset manages to live with mediocre, but an active mindset leads to change until excellence results. – Orrin Woodward
- If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception; it is a prevailing attitude. – Charles R. Swindoll
- The quality of people’s lives is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. – Vincent Lombardi
- Excellence prospers in the absence of excuses. – Lorii Myers
- The extent of your impact on the world depends on the size of your devotion to excellence. – Robin Sharma
- Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. – Will Durant
- Seeking excellence means choosing to forge your own sword to cut through the limitations of your life. – James A. Murphy
- Excellence is never an accident; it is the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution, and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities. – Paul J. Meyer
- Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected. – Steve Jobs
- The heart of human excellence often begins to beat when you discover a pursuit that absorbs you, frees you, challenges you, or gives you a sense of meaning, joy or passion. – Terry Orlick
- Moderation leads to mediocrity; intensity leads to excellence. – Suleman Abdullah
- Excellence is about fighting and pursuing something diligently, with a strict and determined approach to doing it right. It’s okay if there are flaws in the process, it makes it more interesting. – Charlie Trotter
- Excellence must be achieved through the eyes of those who judge us; once achieved it can only be maintained with constant innovation. – Tom Collins
- It takes time to create excellence. If it could be done quickly, more people would do it. – John Wooden
- I often say pursue excellence, ignore success. Success is a by-product of excellence. – Deepak Chopra
- Excellence doesn’t just happen in the moment. It takes a lot of behind-the-scenes work. -Glenn C. Stewart
- If you don’t do it with excellence, don’t do it at all! Because if it’s not excellent, it won’t be profitable or fun. -Robert Townsend
- The secret of joy in work is contained in one word, excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it. -Pearl S. Buck
- Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence. -Jessica Guidobono
Which of these inspiring quotes about excellence did you find most inspiring? We especially loved the tenth quote about how excellence is never an accident. Leave us a message with your favorite quote. As always, we would love to hear from you.
Today’s Funny Quote
Our funny quote today is by Leslie Nielsen, the Canadian Actor and Comedian. He said:
Doing nothing is very hard to do…you never know when you’re finished.
Do you agree? Are some Mondays so hard because we do nothing? Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Did you know that this post is brought to you by Innovate Design Studios Ltd, a web design and graphics company? We provide graphics, branding, web design and website maintenance services. If you’re interested in these services, contact us today to get a free quote and 10% off your next project.
As we like to remind, if you found this post useful, remember to share it on social media. Also remember to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. Our social media handle is @idscreate.
Have a great weekend ahead and stay safe. We will see you on Monday with more inspiring posts.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.