Everybody hates Mondays! Okay, maybe not everybody, but most people generally do not look forward to the first day of the week. Among many reasons, this is because it mostly means going back to work, or school. And as you can imagine, with these tedious activities come assignments, projects, deadlines, and other boring tasks. So, to get you started this Monday, here are some funny quotes about Mondays. We believe that with the right motivation, you could perhaps come to see your Mondays like Fridays. Or at the very least, not dread it.
Did you know that research shows that over 50% of people show up to work late on Mondays? While that may be a startling number for you as an employer, as an employee, you can probably justify it. Excuses such as Eh, my bus was late, or I just got back from a weekend trip are pretty common. Regardless, showing up late to work on Monday’s is apparently commonplace.
Before we go on here are some related posts we’ve written that you might equally enjoy:
- Twenty Inspirational Quotes for Work to get you through the Week
- Five Simple Strategies for managing Stress in the Workplace
- Five reasons why you Hate your Job and five things you can do to fix it
- Seven Practical Tips on How to Negotiate Better
- Twenty-One Quotes on Patriotism Worth Sharing
- Five Ways a Positive Attitude helps create Success
- Why use WordPress? Ten Excellent Reasons to Use it for your Website
Also, as we like to remind, if you’ve not done so yet, do subscribe to our mailing list today. Your subscription is completely free and allows us to send you excellent posts like this via email. Simply enter your name and email below to subscribe:
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
In the next section, we will look at five ridiculous reasons why people hate Mondays. We will then go on to share fifteen funny quotes about Mondays.
Five Ridiculous Reasons Why People Hate Mondays
Yeah, so you hate Mondays. Truth is so does almost everyone else. But why do people tend to hate this first day of the week? What is it about the weekend that makes one dread going back to work or school? We believe people don’t talk about it because sometimes, they are silly reasons. Nonetheless, here are some of the most common reasons why people have Monday phobia:
- Some people hate Mondays because they are unprepared for the work, projects, assignments, and duties it brings. A simple fix for this would be to spend some time on Sunday evenings preparing for the week ahead.
- People also hate Mondays because it means having to put a pause one’s freedom and live by a timetable. This is because the average workers workday is very scheduled; when to get to work, go on break, etc. For some, such schedules are restrictions they can hardly bear.
- Others hate Mondays simply because they hate what they do, where they work or their daily long commute.
- Another reason why some people hate Mondays is because it is usually the busiest day of the week. Having to respond to emails or pick up on assignments from where they were left off can be stressful. One fix for this would be to not put off work that can be done on Friday to Monday.
- Lastly, some people hate Mondays because everyone they know and work with also hate it. In such a case, it would be difficult to look forward to the start of the week.
What other reasons do you think people have for hating Mondays? Feel free to leave us a comment at the end of this post with your thoughts.
Fifteen Funny Quotes about Mondays to Start Your Week
Here are fifteen funny quotes about Mondays for you if you if you have a hard time starting your week.
- Monday is great for becoming too busy to die. – Roy Station
- Monday is great if I can spend it in bed. I’m a man of simple pleasures, really. – Arthur Darvill
- Candy is nature’s way of making up for Mondays. – Rebecca Gober
- Don’t mess with anybody on a Monday. It’s a bad, bad day. – Louise Fitzhugh
- Mondays are a lot like getting fat. They make you feel sad, sometimes angry and there is not much scope for liking either fat or Mondays for any reason.– Garry Moll
- Sometimes it pays to stay in bed in Monday, rather than spending the rest of the week debugging Monday’s code. – Dan Salomon
- All men tend to become angry and irritated on the start of the week. It is the start of the week but is the end of all fun and happiness in life. – Venus Rivers
- On Monday, when the sun is hot, I wonder to myself a lot. Now is it true, or is it not, that what is which and which is what? – A.A. Hodge
- Imagine having Mondays as a holiday and then it would be the best thing. Will someone please assist me in making it an official holiday and solve all our Monday blues? – Rolland Mars
- Mondays are mundane, like Tuesdays minus 24 hours. – Jarod Kintz
- Monday is the day of silence, day of the whole white mung bean, which is sacred to the moon. – Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
- It was a strangely disorienting feeling, to have something you’d relied on for so long start to change, like finding out that gravity no longer worked on Mondays. – Maggie Stiefvater
- On Monday mornings I am dedicated to the proposition that all men are created jerks. – Allen Smith
- If each day is a gift, I would like to know where I can return Mondays. – John Wagner
- Monday. We meet again. We will never be friends—but maybe we can move past our mutual enmity toward a more-positive partnership. – Julio Alexi Genao
Which of these funny quotes about Mondays did you like best? We especially loved quotes 13 and 14 on our list. Feel free to share your favorites as well. As always, we would love to hear from you.
Today’s Funny Quote
Our funny quote today is by Leslie Nielsen, the Canadian Actor and Comedian. He said:
Doing nothing is very hard to do…you never know when you’re finished.
Do you agree? Are some Mondays so hard because we do nothing? Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Did you know that this post is brought to you by Innovate Design Studios Ltd, a web design and graphics company? We provide graphics, branding, web design and website maintenance services. If you’re interested in these services, contact us today to get a free quote and 10% off your next project.
As we like to remind, if you found this post useful, remember to share it on social media. Also remember to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. Our social media handle is @idscreate.
Have a great week ahead, stay safe and try to get over your Monday blues early. We will see you later in the week with more inspiring posts.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.