Every year, several countries around the world celebrate their Independence Day. For others, this special day, when they honor their countries and show their devotion is called a National Day. Regardless of what you call it in your country, it is a day to show patriotism, devotion, and support. In honor of Independence Days all over the world, we would like to share this special post with twenty-one quotes on patriotism. Our hope is that it stirs your patriotic spirit and encourages you do something in service to your country. Either way, regardless of what region or country we come from, we all have several reasons to be proud.
What is patriotism? A simple Google search defines patriotism as “the quality of being patriotic; devotion to and vigorous support for one’s country”. In addition, patriotism invokes feelings of pride, service, and defense for one’s homeland. At this point, you’re probably wondering why this national pride and devotion to one’s country is so important. Among many reasons, its importance dates back to the origin of the word. Pater, in Greek, is the word that means father, from which Patris, or native land is derived. That word later evolved to become Patriot and Patriotic, which literally mean a love of country.
So, not only does being patriotic mean having a love for one’s motherland, it also implies paternal ties. In other words, we are patriotic because our country is the land that fathered us.
Before we proceed, here are some related posts we’ve written that you might enjoy:
- Fifteen Inspiring Quotes by Barack Obama
- Twenty-Five Inspiring Quotes by John D. Rockefeller
- Fifteen Inspiring Quotes by Steve Jobs to Motivate You
- Top Twenty-One Oprah Winfrey Quotes to Inspire You
- Ten Inspiring Quotes by James Earl Jones
- Ten Inspiring Quotes by Nelson Mandela
- Fifteen Inspiring Quotes by Michelle Obama
- Five Things All Successful Companies Do Well
As we also like to remind, do subscribe to our electronic mailing list today, if you’ve not done so yet. Your free subscription adds you to our mailing list so you can receive inspiring posts like this via email. Simply enter your name and email below to subscribe:
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
Its completely free and you can unsubscribe at any time.
In the next section, we will share seven interesting facts about countries around the world that you probably didn’t know. We will then go on to share some inspiring quotes on patriotism.
Seven Interesting Facts about Countries around the World
All countries in the world have interesting and uniquely historic facts about their nation and people. Here are seven interesting facts about some random countries to stir your spirit of patriotism:
- South Korea has the highest number of internet users in the world. One can have access to a Wi-Fi connection anywhere in South Korea.
- Indonesia has more islands than any other country in the world. This has made it an ideal tourist destination. So much so that each year, they have over 20 million visitors.
- Iran is home to the endangered Asiatic Cheetah. It is said that only fifty to a hundred individual animals exist in the wild today.
- Russia has the largest land mass in the world. In addition, it has the longest railway and the largest McDonalds on earth. Russia is so large that it is said that its forest area alone is larger than the entire continent of Australia.
- Rwanda is one of the most gender balanced countries in the world. Since the early 2000’s, its women have had over 60% representation in Parliament.
- Australia is the only nation on earth that is both a continent and an independent country. It is also the smallest, flattest, and driest inhabited continent in the world.
- Argentina was the first country to adopt fingerprinting as a method of identification.
What interesting facts are unique to your country? Do share them with us by leaving a comment at the end of this post or on social media. We would love to know what things about your country stir your national pride.
In the next section, we will share some inspiring quotes on patriotism that are worth sharing with others.
Twenty-One Quotes on Patriotism worth Sharing
Here are twenty-one quotes on patriotism you can share with your friends and colleagues:
- A spirit of liberty and patriotism animates all degrees and denominations of men. – James Madison
- True patriotism is not manifested in short, frenzied bursts of emotion. It is the tranquil, steady dedication of a lifetime. – Adlai Stevenson
- No man is worth his salt who is not ready at all times to risk his body, to risk his well-being, to risk his life, in a great cause. – Theodore Roosevelt
- Every man who loves his country, or wishes well to the best interests of society, will show himself a decided friend not only of morality and the laws, but of religious institutions, and honorably bear his part in supporting them. – J. Hawes
- No other factor in history, not even religion, has produced so many wars as has the clash of national egotisms sanctified by the name of patriotism. – Preserved Smith
- For true patriots to be silent is dangerous. – Samuel Adams
- Patriotic talk is no proof of patriotism. Anyone can wave a flag. The real patriot lives his patriotism in everything he does. – John M. Devine
- I want to caution that we must not confuse patriotism with blind endorsement of bad policies. – Mark O. Hartfield
- Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism. – George Washington
- There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism. – Alexander Hamilton
- Patriotism is collective responsibility. – Arnold Glasow
- If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. – Samuel Adams
- However weak our country may be, I hope we shall never sacrifice our liberties. – Alexander Hamilton
- Unless our conception of patriotism is progressive, it cannot hope to embody the real affection and the real interest of the nation. – Jane Addams
- Patriotism is voluntary. It is a feeling of loyalty and allegiance that is the result of knowledge and belief. A patriot shows their patriotism through their actions by their choice. – Jesse Ventura
- To believe that patriotism will not flourish if patriotic ceremonies are voluntary, is to make an unflattering estimate of the appeal of our institutions to free minds. – Robert Jackson
- Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it. – Mark Twain
- To me, a real patriot is like a real friend. Who’s your real friend? It’s the person who tells you the truth. That’s who my real friends are. So, you know, I think as far as our country goes, we need more people who will do that. – Bill Maher
- True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else. – Clarence Darrow
- There is much more to being a patriot and a citizen than reciting the pledge or raising a flag. – Jesse Ventura
- I realize that patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. – Edith Cavell
Which of these quotes on patriotism did you find most inspiring? We especially loved the seventh quote on our list about how a real patriot shows patriotism in everything they do. Do feel free to share your favorite quotes with us by leaving a comment. As always, we would love to hear from you.
Today’s Funny Quote
Our funny quote today is by President Theodore Roosevelt of the United States of America. He said:
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.
What do you think about this quote? Do you agree with it? Feel free to leave your thoughts and comments at the end of this post.
Did you know that this post is brought to you by Innovate Design Studios Ltd, a web design and graphics company? We provide graphics, branding, web design and website maintenance services. If you’re interested in these services, contact us today to get a free quote and 10% off your next project.
As we like to remind, if you found this post useful, remember to share it on social media. Also remember to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. Our social media handle is @idscreate.
Remember to share this post with someone if you found these quotes on patriotism inspiring. Have a great weekend, stay safe and we will see you again next week with more inspiring posts.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.