We live in a fast-paced, busy world where it seems everyone is forced to perform time intensive, mentally tedious tasks. For some, these daily activities and work schedules are so intense that there’s rarely time to catch a break. And while we may daydream about weekends, vacations and holidays, most times, we rarely put the time to good use. Think about it for a minute; how did you spend your last three-day weekend holiday? What do you spend your extra time on and how do you spend that free time productively? In this post, we will share seven productive ways to spend your free time that won’t cause regret later.
Have you ever looked back at your weekend on Sunday night and wondered how the time flew by? If you have, it’s possible you didn’t spend your free time as productively as you could have. Ideally, such spare time should be used to unwind, shared with family, or used to further improve oneself.
Before we proceed, here are some related posts we believe you might equally enjoy:
- Twenty Inspiring Quotes about Time
- Five Things to Remember when going through Tough Times
- A Message of Hope for Troubled Times
- How to manage Time effectively and become more Productive
- Fifteen Words of Encouragement for Hard Times
- How to Encourage Yourself during Tough Times
- How to be more Productive at Work
If you enjoy reading our posts, we would like to encourage you to subscribe to our mailing list today. Your free subscription allows us to send you inspiring posts like this via email. To subscribe, simply enter your name and email below:
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
In the next section, we will share some funny quotes about spending time.
Ten Funny Quotes about Spending Time
Here are ten funny quotes about spending time to think about on days when you wonder where the time went. We hope you enjoy them as much as we did:
- You can’t turn back the clock. But you can wind it up again. – Bonnie Prudden
- Time is money, especially when you are talking to a lawyer or buying a commercial. – Frank Dane
- Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save. – Will Rogers
- Aside from Velcro, time is the most mysterious substance in the universe. You can’t see it or touch it, yet a plumber can charge you upwards of seventy-five dollars per hour for it, without necessarily fixing anything. – Dave Barry
- The only way of catching a train, I have ever discovered, is to miss the train before. – G.K. Chesterton
- The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot. – Michael Altshuler
- No man goes before his time – unless the boss leaves early. – Groucho Marx
- The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is. – C. S. Lewis
- The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. – Bertrand Russell
- For disappearing acts, it’s hard to beat what happens to the eight hours supposedly left after eight of sleep, and eight of work. – Doug Larson
Which of these funny quotes about spending time did you enjoy most? We loved the sixth quote about how the bad news is time flies, but the good news is you’re the pilot. Let us know which quotes were your favorite by leaving us a comment at the end of this post.
In the next section, we will share seven productive ways to spend your free time.
Seven Productive Ways to Spend your Free Time
So here is a list of seven productive ways you could spend your free time:
- Reading: It’s interesting to note that today, reading from a book is considered traditional and ancient. However, a lot can be said about reading from a physical, hard copy book. One productive way to spend your free time is to read and fill your head with new thoughts, information, and ideas. Research also shows that reading offers several benefits including mental stimulation, stress reduction, increased vocabulary, and memory improvement.
- Pursuing Hobbies: Another productive way to spend your free time is to find and pursue healthy hobbies. Research has shown that engaging in creative hobbies can enhance one’s mental performance and problem-solving skills. Interestingly, like reading, it also helps to relieve stress and renew one’s energy.
- Volunteer Work: Regardless of whether this is at a Non-Profit, NGO, or Religious Organization, volunteering can be a rewarding and productive experience. Besides its mental, physical, and social benefits, it is an excellent avenue for one to give back to the community.
- Journaling: Journaling or writing down one’s thoughts could be an excellent way to spend your spare time. In fact, Psychologists encourage some patients to keep a journal as an avenue to express their feelings and emotions. Journaling can also be very helpful for organizing one’s thoughts, self-reflection, and creative expression
- Exercise: Exercise is a great way to use one’s spare time productively. Some of the benefits of regular exercise include physical fitness, better sleep, and a generally healthier life.
- Network: As you most likely already know, hard work plays a huge role in the success of one’s career. However, it turns out that social networking could be just as important. Meeting and developing professional relationships with others in your area of expertise is extremely useful and rewarding. This is because such people could provide the connections you need in the future for bigger roles. So, setting time aside to build and maintain such networks is definitely time well spent.
- Take Online Classes: The last productive way to spend your free time that we will suggest here is to take online classes. As you can imagine, the purpose of such classes is to develop new skills and hone existing skills. Understanding that there is always something to learn and learning new things in one’s spare time can be useful. It could even be the factor that distinguishes one from other mediocre colleagues.
How do you spend your free time when you get some? In what productive ways do you spend such time? Leave us a comment with your thoughts and feedback. As always, we would love to hear from you.
Today’s Funny Quote
As is our custom, we will end this post with a funny quote. Today, our funny quote is by Oscar Wilde, the Irish Poet and Playwright. He said:
I am so clever that sometimes I don’t understand a single word of what I am saying.
Do you ever feel that way? Leave us a comment with your thoughts, or just leave a message saying hello. Once again, we would really love to hear from you.
Did you know that Innovate Today is a part of Innovate Design Studios Ltd? We are a web design company that provide premium web design, website maintenance and graphics services. If you’d like to know more about the service we provide, feel free to check out our Services page. On the other hand, if you’d like to get a free, no obligation quote for your web design project, contact us to submit a quote request.
Have a great week ahead, stay safe and we will see you later in the week with more inspiring posts.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.