In our post today, we would like to share twenty-one excellent Oprah Winfrey quotes to inspire you towards success. If you’re like most people alive today, you’re probably familiar with who Oprah Winfrey is. Dubbed the Queen of All Media, she first became famous in the mid 80’s for her role in The Color Purple movie. She then relaunched her hit show, the Oprah Winfrey Show about and with everyday people. Her show went on to inspire millions around the world, winning 47 Daytime Emmy Awards and many other accolades. At its core, the Show was a platform for education and self-improvement, interviews and book reviews, and philanthropic efforts. Even though today, Oprah Winfrey is one of the first ever female African American Billionaires, she came from humble beginnings. We believe her story and these specially curated Oprah quotes will inspire you to also reach for success.
Oprah Winfrey was born in the rural town of Kosciusko, Mississippi, on January 29, 1954, to unwed parents. From an early age, she showed excellent aptitude, learning to read before her third birthday. At age 17, she won the Miss Black Tennessee beauty pageant and started working at a black owned, local radio station.
Before moving on, here are some related posts you might also enjoy reading:
- How to Break Through Self Imposed Limits
- Ten Inspiring Quotes by Kofi Annan
- Fifteen Inspiring Mother Theresa Quotes about Life
- Twenty-Five Inspiring and Uplifting Quotes to keep you Motivated
- Fifteen Motivational Zig Ziglar Quotes on Success
- Twenty-Five Inspiring Quotes by John D. Rockefeller
- Fifteen Inspiring Quotes by Barack Obama
- How to Let go of the Past and Move Forward
- How to Deal With and Overcome Failure
Also, as we like to remind, please subscribe to our electronic mailing list, if you are yet to do so. Your free subscription would allow us to send inspiring posts like this to you via email. Simply enter your name and email address below to get started:
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
In the next section, we will share seven interesting facts about Oprah Winfrey that you probably didn’t know.
Some Interesting Facts about Oprah Winfrey
Here are six interesting facts about Oprah Winfrey you probably didn’t know:
- As a young child, she was abused on several occasions by her cousin, uncle, and family friend. As a result, she ran away from home at the age of 13.
- She was the first African American woman to anchor the news at Nashville’s WTVF-TV at age 19.
- Oprah is the first black, female multi-billionaire and the richest African American woman of the 20th Century
- She became the first woman to both own and produce her own television show, The Oprah Winfrey Show. It aired for 25 Seasons and is rated by TV Guide as the 19th greatest TV Show of all time.
- In 2013, President Barack Obama awarded Oprah Winfrey with the Presidential Medal of Freedom, America’s highest civilian honor.
- Over the years, Oprah has become famous for her repeated weight gain and weight loss. She is also a part owner of the weight loss company, Weight Watchers.
In the next section, we will share some top Oprah Winfrey quotes to inspire you towards success.
Top Twenty-One Oprah Winfrey Quotes to Inspire You
- Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.
- You are responsible for your life. You can’t keep blaming somebody else for your dysfunction. Life is really about moving on.
- The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.
- I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.
- Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not.
- Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.
- The truth is I have from the very beginning listened to my instincts. All of my best decisions in life have come because I was attuned to what really felt like the next right move for me.
- Learn from every mistake, because every experience, particularly your mistakes, are there to teach you and force you into being more who you are.
- If you’re sitting around waiting on somebody to save you, to fix you, to even help you, you are wasting your time because only you have the power to take responsibility to move your life forward.
- Purpose is the thread that connects the dots to everything you do that leads you to an extraordinary life.
- Balance lives in the present. The surest way to lose your footing is to focus on what dreadful things might happen.
- The great courageous act that we must all do, is to have the courage to step out of our history and past so that we can live our dreams.
- One of the hardest things in life to learn are which bridges to cross and which bridges to burn.
- If friends disappoint you over and over, that’s in large part your own fault. Once someone has shown a tendency to be self-centered, you need to recognize that and take care of yourself; people aren’t going to change simply because you want them to.
- Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don’t fight them. Just find a new way to stand.
- The thing you fear most has no power. Your fear of it is what has the power. Facing the truth really will set you free.
- The key to realizing a dream is to focus not on success but on significance — and then even the small steps and little victories along your path will take on greater meaning.
- Self-esteem comes from being able to define the world in your own terms and refusing to abide by the judgments of others.
- The whole point of being alive is to evolve into the complete person you were intended to be.
- Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.
- The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.
We hope you’ve been as inspired reading this post as we have, putting it together for you. If you’ve truly been inspired, leave us a comment with your favorite Oprah Winfrey quote from our list. We found the last quote about the greatest discovery of all time to be most inspiring. As always, we would love to hear from you.
Today’s Funny Quote
Our funny quote for today is one by Charles Wadsworth, Classical Pianist and Musical Promoter. He said:
By the time a man realizes that his father was right, he has a son who thinks he’s wrong.
What do you think about Mr. Chadworth’s quote? Do you think fatherhood is like a circle? Leave us a comment with your thoughts or just send us a message to say hi.
Did you know that Innovate Today is a part of Innovate Design Studios Ltd? We are a web design company that provide premium web design, website maintenance and graphics services. If you’d like to know more about the service we provide, feel free to check out our Services page. On the other hand, if you’d like to get a free, no obligation quote for your web design project, contact us to submit a quote request.
Have a great weekend and be encouraged to reach for success in your own life.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.