Someone once said that fathers are like the sun; important but barely noticed until they go missing. Much like the sun, fathers provide warmth, vision, protection, and other resources for their family day in, day out. Sadly though, they are rarely ever celebrated as much as they should. Hence, every year, on the third Sunday in June, we all get together to honor our fathers and father figures. While this singular annual appreciation day is hardly enough, it does give us a chance to express our gratitude. With this year’s Father’s Day just around the corner, we wanted to share some heartwarming quotes about fatherhood with you. We encourage you to share them with your father’s or fellow-fathers.
Without a doubt, fathers have an enormous impact on the lives and wellbeing of their family. In fact, it can be said that fatherhood is mostly about unrecognized, unsung sacrifices made for one’s family every day.
Of course, the other side of being a father includes enjoying family time and watching your family grow up. Simple as they are, things like Dad jokes, or teaching a kid to ride a bike help form lasting bonds.
On that note, here are some related posts we’ve written in the past that you might enjoy:
- Best Dad Jokes for Father’s Day
- Ten Tips on How to be a Good Father
- Fifteen Inspiring Quotes by Barack Obama
- Twenty-Five Inspirational Quotes for Men
- Fifteen Funny Quotes about Family
- Twenty really Funny Jokes for Kids
- Best Ten Small Business Ideas for Men anywhere
In addition, as we like to remind, do consider joining our electronic mailing list. By entering your name and email below to subscribe, you permit us to send you posts like this via email. It is free and you can unsubscribe at any time. To subscribe, simply enter your name and email address below:
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
The following sections of this post have been categorized into two parts: heartwarming quotes about fatherhood and funny quotes about fatherhood. We hope you enjoy them.
Eleven Heartwarming Quotes about Fatherhood
Here are eleven heartwarming quotes about fatherhood you can share with your father or husband or probably relate to:
- The nature of impending fatherhood is that you are doing something that you’re unqualified to do, and then you become qualified while doing it. – John Green
- When you’re a dad, there’s no one above you. If I don’t do something that has to be done, who is going to do it? – Jonathan Safran Foer
- Being a great father is like shaving. No matter how good you shaved today, you have to do it again tomorrow. – Reed Markham
- “Father” is the noblest title a man can be given. It is more than a biological role. It signifies a patriarch, a leader, an exemplar, a confidant, a teacher, a hero, a friend. – Robert L. Backman
- Words have an awesome impact. The impression made by a father’s voice can set in motion an entire trend of life. – Gordon MacDonald
- A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society. – Billy Graham
- Fathering is not something perfect men do, but something that perfects the man. – Frank Pittman
- Fatherhood is the greatest thing that could ever happen. You can’t explain it until it happens—it’s like telling someone what water feels like before they’ve ever swam in it. – Michael Bublé
- He adopted a role called being a father so that his child would have something mythical and infinitely important: a protector. – Tom Wolfe
- The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams, and aspirations he sets not only for himself but for his family. – Reed Markham
- If there is any immortality to be had among us human beings, it is certainly only in the love that we leave behind. Fathers like mine don’t ever die. – Leo Buscaglia
Which of these heartwarming fatherhood quotes did you like best? We particularly loved the third quote about how it is like shaving and has to be done every day. Let us know your favorites by leaving a comment.
Ten Funny Quotes about Fatherhood
- By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong. – Charles Wadsworth
- Being a dad is the greatest pain in the ass in the world you could possibly be involved in. That is the ultimate dad-ness, full dad-ness. – Jerry Seinfeld
- Fatherhood is great because you can ruin someone from scratch. – Jon Stewart
- Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. – Red Buttons
- When you’re young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he’s just a regular guy who wears a cape. – Dave Attell
- Lately all my friends are worried they’re turning into their fathers. I’m worried I’m not. – Dan Zevin
- When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant, I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years. – Mark Twain
- Whenever one of my children says, “Goodnight, Daddy,” I always think to myself, ‘You don’t mean that.’ – Jim Gaffigan
- To be a successful father, there’s one absolute rule: when you have a kid, don’t look at it for the first two years. – Ernest Hemingway
- My daughter got me a “World’s Best Dad” mug. So, we know she’s sarcastic. – Bob Odenkirk
Which of these funny fatherhood quotes did you like best? We found the third quote about never raising your hands to your kids hilarious. How do you plan on spending Father’s day this year? We encourage you to spend it with that special someone in your life. It will mean the world to him. Do feel free to share your favorite funny fatherhood quote and heartwarming quote about fatherhood with us. As always, we would love to hear from you.
Today’s Funny Quote
Our funny quote for today is one by Charles Wadsworth, Classical Pianist and Musical Promoter. He said:
By the time a man realizes that his father was right, he has a son who thinks he’s wrong.
What do you think about Mr. Chadworth’s quote? Do you think fatherhood is like a circle? Leave us a comment with your thoughts or just send us a message to say hi.
Did you know that Innovate Today is a part of Innovate Design Studios Ltd? We are a web design company that provide premium web design, website maintenance and graphics services. If you’d like to know more about the service we provide, feel free to check out our Services page. On the other hand, if you’d like to get a free, no obligation quote for your web design project, contact us to submit a quote request.
Have a great weekend and have a happy Father’s Day celebration ahead.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.