Popularly known simply as Mother Theresa, Mother Mary Teresa Bojaxhiu lived an extraordinary life that was dedicated to others. Her missionary service spanned over sixty years of work in Ireland and later, India. This included homes, hospices, mobile clinics, and soup kitchens for those with HIV/AIDS, leprosy, and tuberculosis. For her many years of selfless service, she was given several awards including the 1979 Nobel Peace Prize. Additionally, in 2015, she was canonized by Pope Francis and recognized as a Saint. So, in our post today, we would like to share fifteen inspiring Mother Theresa quotes about life and service. Like Mother Theresa herself, we hope they inspire you to live a life of genuine service to others.
Mother Theresa is considered one of the most recognized and revered individuals of the 20th Century. Born Anjezë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu, she was a humanitarian leader and founder of the Order of the Missionaries of Charity. It was a Roman Catholic Institute comprising of women dedicated to helping the poor, sick, and dying. At the time of her death in 1997, the Institute had grown so large it was active in over 133 Countries.
Before we proceed, we invite you to check out the related posts listed below. We believe you will find them equally inspiring.
- Twenty-Five Inspiring Quotes for Women
- Ten Inspiring Quotes by Eleanor Roosevelt
- Ten Inspiring Quotes by Nancy Pelosi
- Fifteen Inspiring Quotes by Michelle Obama
- Fifteen Funny Quotes for Moms about Motherhood
- Finding your Passion: Five Important Questions to Ask
- Five Useful Tips for Living a Balanced Life
Also, as we like to remind, do consider subscribing to our electronic mailing list today. Your free subscription allows us to send you inspiring posts like this directly via email. To subscribe, simply enter you name and email below:
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
In the next section, we will share some interesting facts about Mother Theresa. We will then go on to share our specially curated inspiring quotes by Mother Theresa.
Interesting Facts about Mother Theresa
Here are some interesting facts about Mother Theresa you may not know:
- She was born Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu on 26 August 1910. Upon taking her religious vows, she had her name changed to Mary Theresa.
- In 1928, at the age of 18, Theresa left home to join the Sisters of Loreto convent in Ireland. Her plan was to learn English so she could become a Missionary.
- The initial name she chose for herself was Therese in honor of Therese of Lisieux. However, since another Nun had already chosen that name, she decided to use Theresa, the Spanish spelling of the name.
- Mother Theresa was a polyglot. She learned and spoke English, Albanian, Serbo-Croat, Bengali, and Hindi fluently.
- Mother Teresa received more than 120 prestigious awards and honors, among them was the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979. It is rumored that at the banquet, she turned down the prize money of $192,000. Instead, she asked that it be used to help the poor in India.
- She was only five feet tall.
In the next section, we will share fifteen inspiring Mother Theresa quotes about life we have specially compiled.
Fifteen Inspiring Mother Theresa Quotes about Life
Here are fifteen inspiring Mother Theresa quotes about life. We hope they inspire you as much as they did us:
- In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love.
- Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.
- It is not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love that is put into them that matters.
- I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.
- Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
- Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go.
- We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
- If you want to change the world, go home and love your family.
- Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is beauty, admire it. Life is a dream, realize it.
- Spread the love of God through your life but only use words when necessary.
- Some people come in our life as blessings. Some come in your life as lessons.
- Your true character is most accurately measured by how you treat those who can do nothing for you.
- Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier.
- Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; give the world the best you’ve got anyway.
- Do not worry about why problems exist in the world, just respond to people’s needs.
Which of these quotes did you find most inspiring? We especially loved the fourteenth quote about giving the world the best we have. And while it may not be enough, we must not be discouraged and give it anyway.
Feel free to share your favorite quote from our list of inspiring Mother Theresa quotes with us. As always, we would really like to hear from you.
Today’s Funny Quote
As is our custom, we will end this post with a funny quote. Today, our funny quote is by Oscar Wilde, the Irish Poet and Playwright. He said:
I am so clever that sometimes I don’t understand a single word of what I am saying.
Do you ever feel that way? Leave us a comment with your thoughts, or just leave a message saying hello. Once again, we would really love to hear from you.
Did you know that Innovate Today is a part of Innovate Design Studios Ltd? We are a web design company that provide premium web design, website maintenance and graphics services. If you’d like to know more about the service we provide, feel free to check out our Services page. On the other hand, if you’d like to get a free, no obligation quote for your web design project, contact us to submit a quote request.
Have a great week, stay safe and we will see you later this week with more inspiring posts.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.