Did you know that over three billion people use one social media platform or the other every day? And of those daily users, did you know that a significant number follow businesses and make purchasing decisions online? As a business owner, if you are not using social media marketing to promote your business, you’re missing out. But the question is just how much are you missing out on? Or to put it differently, what are the benefits social media can give to your business? In our post today, we will discuss seven of those benefits, and the best social media platforms for businesses. The purpose of this post is to enlighten you about the many benefits of social media marketing. We sincerely hope you will seriously consider using it for your business after reading this post.
There was a time when marketing entailed the use of magazines, newspapers, radio, and television ads. And while these were effective for their time, there were several problems with such traditional marketing methods. For example, it was impossible to know exactly how many people saw your ad or engaged with it. Its true that one could get an estimated readership or viewership but that was it. You never knew how effective an ad was until you started getting customers, or not getting them.
Today, through the magic of technology, the problems and inadequacies of traditional marketing have been resolved. For example, as a business owner, you can run your marketing ads to target potential customers. You can tailor them to a specific geographical location, age group, gender, and even personal interests. This way, your ads reach the ideal potential customer with greater possibility for a sale or contact request.
In the next section, we will share some of the best social media platforms for businesses.
Best Social Media Platforms for Businesses
Like we said earlier, approximately three billion people worldwide use some type of social media platform every day. However, while this is indeed a significant number, certain platforms are best for specific tasks.
For business purposes, here are some of the best social media platforms for marketing:
- Facebook: Facebook has the largest marketing share, accounting for over 65% of worldwide use. It is used by businesses, corporations, individuals, celebrities, and even national governments. In addition, Facebook allows you to create a business page for your company. You can use it to market your products and services, engage with customers, and share discounts. Besides this, you can also run targeted marketing ads to reach customers in your local area for a relatively low price. Research has shown that because of their massive market share, their marketing rates are among the cheapest online.
- Instagram: Acquired by Facebook in 2012, Instagram is used for picture and video sharing. It is particularly effective for businesses who want to showcase their products and services to customers. Although it has a market share of less than 4%, it is very effective for reaching customers and potential buyers. It This platform promotes visual advertisement for your business. It emphasizes attractive and pleasing contents.
- YouTube: YouTube is an online video platform owned by Google. It is used to share all types of videos, including marketing and business-related videos. Today, owning a YouTube Channel for business purposes is a standard marketing strategy.
- LinkedIn: As you probably know, LinkedIn is used for professional networking, including hiring and job searches. Owned by Microsoft, they define it as a platform for managing one’s professional identity. While social media marketing on this platform can be a bit expensive, ads can be specifically targeted to other businesses.
- Twitter: Twitter is a microblogging social media platform used for both personal and professional use. It can be used for announcements, discussions, adverts, etc.
In the next section, we will discuss some of the benefits of social media marketing.
Seven Benefits of Social Media Marketing for Businesses
So far in this post, we’ve seen that social media marketing is gradually replacing traditional marketing avenues for businesses. Here are some of the primary benefits of social media marketing for businesses:
- Audience Targeting: Unlike with traditional marketing, social media marketing allows for audience targeting. This includes targeting based on age, gender, location, interests, etc. In addition, such marketing ads are run through tracking systems that provide feedback on how successful the ad was. This way, one can receive clear information on things like advert reach, engagement and even purchase resulting from an ad.
- Increase in Brand Awareness: Another benefit of social media marketing is an increase in brand awareness. Besides providing audience targeting, social media ads can be run for different purposes. Some of these include brand awareness, lead acquisition, web traffic generation and messaging. With brand awareness campaigns, a business is able to keep itself in front of potential customers till sales are made.
- Increased Website Traffic: Social media marketing can also be used to generate online traffic. With the right kind of ads, social media traffic can literally be redirected to one’s website. Such traffic can then be used to generate sales, leads, subscriptions, etc.
- Customer Satisfaction: Another way social media marketing benefits business is by providing additional customer service features. Some businesses use social media to gather feedback from their customers. As you can imagine, this in turn generates customer satisfaction that leads to customer loyalty and repeat customers.
- Improved Brand Loyalty: Like we said earlier, customer satisfaction leads to customer loyalty, which leads to customer referrals.
- Relatively Cost-Effective Ads: Another benefit of social media marketing is cost effectiveness. Compared to traditional marketing, online based and social media marketing is much cheaper. In addition, marketing budgets are more flexible as you can assign custom budgets for targeted audiences.
- Gain Marketplace Insights: The last benefit of social media marketing for businesses that we will discuss is market insights. With the marketing insights available through online and social media ads, one can understand better understand audience reactions. And of course, with this comes the ability to create better ads that produce better results.
How have you used social media marketing to improve your business? In your experience, are there additional benefits to this type of marketing that we have not listed? Feel free to leave us your comments and feedback. As always, we would love to hear from you.
Before you go, do consider subscribing to our electronic mailing list. Your free subscription allows us to send you inspiring posts like this directly via email. Simply enter your name and email below to subscribe:
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
Also, here are some related posts on the subject that you might find equally useful:
- Top Ten Benefits of having a Website for your Small Business
- Five Simple Ways to Speed Up your Website
- Twenty-five Motivational Quotes for Employees on Teamwork
- Five Effective Marketing Strategies to grow your Business
- How to Succeed in Life: Ten things to give up
- Five ways Brand Marketing will benefit your Business
- Seven Useful Tips on How to Grow your Business Online
Today’s Funny Quote
Our funny quote for today is by Fred Allen, the American Comedian. He said:
The first time I sang in the church choir; two hundred people changed their religion.
How do you sound when you sing? Does it draw people close or chase them away? Let us know by leaving us a comment or message at the end of this post.
Did you know that Innovate Today is a part of Innovate Design Studios Ltd? We are a web design company that provide premium web design, website maintenance and graphics services. If you’d like to know more about the service we provide, feel free to check out our Services page. On the other hand, if you’d like to get a free, no obligation quote for your web design project, contact us to submit a quote request.
Have a great week ahead and we will see you again later this week with more inspiring posts.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.