Have you ever wondered how certain people seem built for specific purposes? For example, some people can sing so effortlessly that you could say they were created to sing. On the other hand, some have an uncanny acumen for business that you could say they have an entrepreneurial spirit. In such cases, what specific signs show that one has a heart for business? To put it differently, how can you know if you have the spirit of an entrepreneur? In this post, we discuss seven signs that show you have an entrepreneurial spirit. In addition, we will discuss what it means to be an entrepreneur and examples of entrepreneurs in today’s world. We hope this post inspires you to be creative and pursue their goals in a pioneering, entrepreneurial way.
All through history, stories abound of pioneers; trailblazers and pacesetters who charted paths for others to follow. In almost all cases, these people faced seemingly insurmountable challenges, but came out on top. For example, people like Henry Ford, Walt Disney and Steve Jobs made such pioneering contributions that have forever changed how we live today. They were entrepreneurs by all standards. But how did they get started? Are there specific characteristics and signs common among entrepreneurs and pioneers? If so, perhaps identifying them could help upcoming entrepreneurs as we make our journey towards success.
Before we identify these characteristics and signs, here are some related posts you might find useful:
- Twenty Inspiring Quotes for Business Owners by Milton Hershey
- Twelve Excellent Low Investment Small Business Ideas for Entrepreneurs
- Finding your Passion: Five Important Questions to Ask
- Fifteen Inspiring Quotes by Steve Jobs to Motivate You
- How to turn your Freelance Side Hustle into a Business
- How to Choose a Career Path that’s Right for You
Also, we encourage you to consider subscribing to our mailing list today if you’ve not done so yet. Simply enter your name and email below to subscribe:
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
Your free subscription allows us to send inspiring posts like this to you via email.
In the next section, we take a review what it means to be an entrepreneur.
Who is an Entrepreneur?
An entrepreneur is someone that starts and develops a business to add value to customers and make profits. We believe this to be the secret of successful businesses; their dedication to adding value to their clients and customers.
Three Examples of the Entrepreneurial Spirit
Here are three examples of entrepreneurs who had the entrepreneurial spirit and succeeded in the face of imminent failure.
- Walt Disney: He was an American Businessman and Cartoonist that created the Walt Disney company. The Disney company has brought the magic of animated cartoons and theme parks to children and families around the world.
- Oprah Winfrey: She is an American Talk Show host, Actor, Producer and Author. Her popular show, The Oprah Winfrey Show is one of the highest rated in American TV history.
- Bill Gates: He is an American Business Magnate, Software developer and Author. He is also the co-founder of the Microsoft Corporation. In the mid 90’s Microsoft, through its Operating System brought computers to businesses and families around the world.
Seven Signs of an Entrepreneurial Spirit
Earlier in this post, we discussed the issue of the characteristics or signs of an entrepreneurial spirit. How do you know if you have the spirit of an entrepreneur? Well, here are seven signs:
- Curiosity: Entrepreneurs are curious and inquisitive. Always challenging the status quo, they defy assumptions and find new and easier ways to do things. At their core, they are rebels who refuse to follow the crowd or go with the flow.
- Motivated by Challenges: Most people don’t like challenges and tend to avoid problems. Entrepreneurs on the other hand get excited by challenges, especially when they stand in the way of their success. They will fight tooth and nail and do everything they can to achieve the success they have imagined.
- Constantly try to Learn and Grow: People who have and entrepreneurial spirit understand that their success is tied to how much they know. Consequently, they are constantly driven to learn more about their field to make it better. This thirst for information also helps them identify opportunities where others can’t see them.
- Risk Takers: Additionally, entrepreneurs are risk takers. After identifying an opportunity, they have the strength of mind to take calculated risks to achieve great success.
- Problem Solvers: Entrepreneurs have the fortitude to face problems and tackle them relentlessly till a solution is found. Their obsession over finding solutions to a problem make them invest time, resources and effort till an answer is found.
- Good Decision-Making Skills: Entrepreneurs know how to think quickly on their feet and tend to have a good instinct for business decisions. They also understand the gravity of their decisions and how it affects their staff and business.
- Goal Oriented: The final sign of an entrepreneurial spirit on our list is being goal oriented. If you have a heart for business, you most likely think in terms of achieved goals. Additionally, entrepreneurs set definite goals they want to achieve and are tenacious in their pursuit.
What other characteristics do you think all entrepreneurs share? Do you have those or some of those qualities? Feel free to leave us your thoughts and comments at the end of this post. As always, we would love to hear from you.
Without question, all entrepreneurs have that entrepreneurial spirit. That being said, what qualities make for a good entrepreneur? We believe that the most successful of entrepreneurs have strength of character and a willingness to offer service of value. Do you have the spirit of an entrepreneur? What value are you adding to your customers through your business?
If the qualities listed above are common among most entrepreneurs, what separates the immensely successful from the mediocre? Our post on the Seven Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs gives some answers to this question. Again, feel free to share your thoughts on the subject in our comments section.
Today’s Funny Quote
Our funny quote for today is by Anthony Burgess, the English Writer and Composer. He said:
Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.
Do you agree? We do. Let us know what you think.
Did you know that Innovate Today is a part of Innovate Design Studios Ltd? We are a web design company that provide premium web design, website maintenance and graphics services. If you’d like to know more about the service we provide, feel free to check out our Services page. On the other hand, if you’d like to get a free, no obligation quote for your web design project, contact us to submit a quote request.
Have a great weekend and we will see you next week with more inspiring posts.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.