Every year, people all over the world make New Year resolutions. The excitement of starting a New Year gives us all hope that we can change and achieve greatness. Most often, these resolutions consist of goals and targets they wish to achieve during the year. While New Year resolutions provide the perfect platform to set goals, sadly, they are almost always, rarely achieved. So, in this post, we will share ten unique New Year’s resolution ideas and how to achieve them.
Why do so many New Year’s resolutions fail? Statistics show that at least 80% of New Year resolutions fail. As a matter of fact, January 17th of every year is known as the day most New Year resolutions fail. So, why do New Year resolutions have such a high failure rate? Also, why are they important?
Before we proceed to discuss these issues, here are some related posts we’ve written that you might find inspiring:
- Seven Essential Personal Qualities for a Successful Year ahead
- Twenty-one Best New Year Quotes to Kick off 2021
- How to deal with Fear and achieve Success this Year
- Twenty Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes to Inspire you to Greatness
- Fifteen Quotes on Living without Limits
- Five Tips to Start the New Year Right
- Ten Inspirational New Year Quotes to Start your Year
Also, if you are yet to subscribe to our electronic mailing list, please do so today. Your free subscription allows us to send inspiring posts like this to you via email. To subscribe, simply enter your name and email below:
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
In the next section, we will share ten unique New Year’s resolution ideas.
Ten Unique New Year’s Resolution Ideas
Here are ten unique New Year’s resolution ideas that you can use as the year begins.
- Stop Procrastinating: As you probably know, procrastination is a time thief. Additionally, it prevents excellent work from being performed because things are done in a hurry. A good New Year’s resolution would be to avoid procrastination this New Year.
- Spend more time with People that matter: We are a product of the company we keep. This year, endeavor to spend quality time with people who can help you become better and successful. Examples of such people include family, good friends, and mentors.
- Save Money: This year, also resolve to make a change that will put more change in your pocket. Have a budget for your monthly expenses and commit to saving. The truth is that some of your other goals for the year will need finances.
- Volunteer and Give to Charity: When considering New Year’s resolutions, it’s easy to set a long list of things we want to do for ourselves. However, in addition, also consider giving back to your community and those in need. Doing this will give you a sense of purpose beyond your personal needs.
- Gain useful Skills: Another unique New Year’s resolution idea to employ this year is to pick up additional skills. These could be career related skills to improve your performance or personal skills.
- Become more Organized: Whether it’s to clean up your workspace, your home or your life, being organized is definitely a good new year resolution.
- Reinvent Yourself: Reinventing yourself in the new year is also a good resolution to employ. It could also include revamping your personality, health, social status and general outlook on life.
- Develop more Creativity: This year, also make an effort to develop your creative spirit. You could write a poem, paint a picture or learn graphic design concepts. By making an effort to grow creatively, you allow yourself to express that creativity more freely every day.
- Schedule Medical Checkups: Having regular medical check-ups is another new year’s resolution that can help give you a long and healthy life. It affords you the opportunity to identify risk factors and medical issues before they become life threatening.
- Be more Responsible: Making a commitment to become more responsible is really a commitment to taking responsibility for your actions. Such a commitment would ensure that you think decisions through carefully before taking any steps.
How to achieve your New Year Resolutions during the Year
Like we said earlier, every year, people make several lofty new year resolutions. Most often however, they usually culminate in failure. In this section, we share some useful strategies to ensure your goals for the year do not fail.
- Make the right Resolutions: First things first, make the right kind of resolutions. Such goals should be made after careful planning and thinking. This will ensure that you are committed to each goal and that they are not founded in fantasies. Additionally, such goals should be specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time bound.
- Make it Personal: Ensure that your new year’s resolutions are personal and unique to you. They should not be based on what society or someone else wants you of you.
- Outline a plan: To succeed with your resolutions, also take time out to research and plan an implementation strategy. Additionally, outlining your plan will help determine when and how to start, and who to involve in your plans.
- Talk about It: In other words, be accountable for the goals you’ve set. When you talk about your goals, you commit yourself to pursuing and achieving them. Also, having people with whom you can share your struggles can help you achieve success.
What are your new year resolutions for this year? How do you intend to achieve them? What steps have you taken to ensure that your goals for this year are realistic? Feel free to leave us your thoughts and comments at the end of this post. As always, we would love to hear from you.
Today’s Funny Quote
Our funny quote for today is by Sir Norman Wisdom, the English actor and Comedian. He said:
As you get older, three things happen. The first is your memory goes, and I can’t remember the other two.
Do you agree? Let us know your thoughts in the comments at the end of this post.
Did you know that Innovate Today is a part of Innovate Design Studios Ltd? We are a web design company that provide premium web design, website maintenance and graphics services. If you’d like to know more about the service we provide, feel free to check out our Services page. On the other hand, if you’d like to get a free, no obligation quote for your web design project, contact us to submit a quote request.
Have a great week and we will see you again later in the week with more inspiring posts.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.