In this post, we share twenty inspiring and funny end of year quotes to get you in the holiday spirit. For most of us, the year’s end is always filled with excitement, fun, and family centric activities. For instance, we reflect on the past year, count our blessings, successes, and even our failures. Regardless of these though, we must remain grateful for life and the ability to start over in the new year. So, as things get concluded, we hope these inspiring end of year quotes help prepare you for the year ahead.
Like we said earlier, the end of the year is a time for reflection, relaxation and even fun. Its probably also the best time to take a break from your daily routine tasks and unwind. To help with that, we’ve sectioned this post to cover inspiring and funny end of year quotes.
Before we proceed though, here are related posts we have written that you might equally enjoy:
- Ten Ways to Celebrate Christmas This Year
- Five Reasons to start a Gratitude List this December
- Twenty of the Most Inspiring Quotes of 2020
- Five Useful Tips to End the Year Right
- Twenty Inspiring Quotes about Time
- Five Tips to Start the New Year Right
- Ten Inspirational New Year Quotes to Start your Year
Also, if you are yet to subscribe to our electronic mailing list, please do so today. Your free subscription allows us to send inspiring posts like this to you via email. To subscribe, simply enter your name and email below:
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
Next, let’s take a look at ten Inspiring end of year quotes to get your ready for 2021.
Inspiring End of Year Quotes
- At the end of every day of every year, two things remain unshakable, our constancy of purpose and our continuous discontent with the immediate present. – Roberto Goizueta
- The end of the year is always a good time to reflect on our spiritual progress. Whether you set goals at the beginning of this year or not, it is certainly good to ask where you have been this year and whether you are heading in the right direction. – Christopher Perry
- Because life is dynamic and we are deeply alive, the end of the year can only mean the end of the year, not the end of life, not the end of us, not even the end of time. We turn our faces toward the year being born with a riding hope that will carry us into the days ahead with courage and with confidence. The old year dies; the new year is being born, Long live Life! – Howard Thurman
- I hope you realize that every day is a fresh start for you. That every sunrise is a new chapter in your life waiting to be written. – Juansen Dizon
- Packaged inside of every mistake, there lays a great lesson. And while I don’t want to take the mistake into the New Year, I most certainly want to take the lesson that’s packaged inside of it. – Craig D. Lounsbrough
- Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us. Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right. – Hal Borland
- The year-end brings no greater pleasure then the opportunity to express to you season’s greetings and good wishes. May your holidays and new year be filled with joy. – Charles Dickens
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- For last year’s words belong to last year’s language and next year’s words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning. – T.S. Eliot
- As the old year retires and a new one is born, we commit into the hands of our creator the happenings of the past year and ask for direction and guidance in the new one. May he grant us his grace, his tranquility, and His wisdom. – Peggy Toney Horton
Which of these inspiring end of year quotes did you like best? We were particularly inspired by the eighth quote on the list by H. Jackson Brown, Jr. He explains that we must take advantage of opportunities when they come, so we don’t regret it later.
In the next section, we will share ten funny end of year quotes.
Funny End of Year Quotes
- It is December, and nobody asked if I was ready. – Sarah Kay
- I always had this idea that you should never give up a happy middle in the hopes of a happy ending, because there is no such thing as a happy ending. Do you know what I mean? There is so much to lose. – John Green
- What did a happy ending even mean in real life, anyway? In stories you simply said, “They lived happily ever after”, and that was it. But in real life people had to keep on living, day after day, year after year. – Scott Westerfeld
- At the end of the day, it’s all about what’s on the shelf at the end of the year. – Steve Coppell
- A year from now, you’re gonna weigh more or less than what you do right now. – Phil Mcgraw
- For eleven months and maybe about twenty something days each year, we concentrate upon the shortcomings of others, but for a few days at the turn of New year we look at our own. It is a good habit. – Arthur H. Sulzberger
- At the end of each year I make a list of my mistakes and it’s pretty friggin long. – Dean Lombardi
- Looking back at the end of the year created a little more serious mood than before. – Paul Klee
- I won’t be a carer any more come the end of the year, and though I’ve got a lot out of it, I have to admit I’ll welcome the chance to rest. – Kazuo Ishiguro
- Is it just me, or did this year go by faster than ever? I mean, it actually seems like time is speeding up. Lately, I have been getting up earlier every day. I don’t know why. I guess it’s the excitement of the end of the year or something. I’ve only got a few days left. – Felicity Porter
Which of these funny end of year quotes did you enjoy best? We loved the tenth funny quote about time going faster and the hope for better days in 2021. Feel free to leave us your thoughts and comments at the end of this post. As always, we would love to hear from you.
Today’s Funny Quote
As is our custom, we will end this post with a funny quote. Today, our funny quote is by Wendell Johnson, the American Psychologist and Author. He said:
Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use.
Do you agree? Let us know in the comments section.
Did you know that Innovate Today is a part of Innovate Design Studios Ltd? We are a web design company that provide premium web design, website maintenance and graphics services. If you’d like to know more about the service we provide, feel free to check out our Services page. On the other hand, if you’d like to get a free, no obligation quote for your web design project, contact us to submit a quote request.
Have a great weekend, stay safe and we will see you again next week with more inspiring posts.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.