In this post, we would like to share some inspiring quotes by Steve Jobs that will motivate you. As you probably know, Steve Jobs co-founded Apple Inc, makers of the iPod, iPad, Macbook and several other electronic devices. From the early days of the company in 1978, his passion and creativity blazed the trail for the IT industry. From the creation of the Apple II Plus to the Macintosh, he helped pioneer the era of the Personal Computer. As we share these inspiring Steve Jobs quotes, we hope you are motivated to pursue your dreams relentlessly.
Steve Jobs was born Steven Paul Jobs on February 24, 1955 in San Francisco. He was adopted by his parents Paul and Clara Jobs as a baby. Growing up, he developed an interest in mechanics and craftsmanship because his Dad would build things around the house.
Before we proceed, check out these interesting posts you might find equally inspiring:
- Ten Inspiring Quotes by Eleanor Roosevelt
- Ten Inspiring Quotes by Nick Vujicic
- Twenty Funny and Inspiring Quotes by Jim Carrey
- Ten Inspiring Quotes by James Earl Jones
- Fifteen Inspirational Quotes by Stan Lee
- Ten Inspiring Quotes by Nelson Mandela
- Fifteen Inspiring Quotes by Michelle Obama
Also, if you are yet to subscribe to our electronic mailing list, we encourage you to do so below. Simply enter your name and email below to subscribe to receive more inspiring posts like this via email:
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
In the next section, we will discuss interesting things about Steve Jobs.
Five Interesting Things about Steve Jobs
Here are five interesting facts about Steve Jobs that you probably didn’t know:
- Jobs was born by Syrian immigrant parents but raised by adoptive parents.
- As a child, Steve Jobs adoptive father taught him about electronics while they worked in their garage. This was what sparked his interest in machines, electronics and ultimately, computers.
- In 1968, when he was 13, he was invited to intern for the Summer at Hewlett-Packard (HP). He was invited after he cold-called Bill Hewlett, an HP co-founder to ask for electronic parts needed for a project.
- The Apple I was built in the Jobs’ family garage with money they (Steve Jobs and Stephen Wozniak) obtained by selling Jobs’ Volkswagen Minibus and Wozniak’s Programmable Calculator.
- Their first Apple computer designed by him and his partner were underpowered and expensive. In addition, they had few software programs for their new GUI. Despite these challenges, they persisted with their designs till they solved these problems.
In the next section, we will share fifteen of the most inspiring quotes by Steve Jobs.
Fifteen Inspiring Quotes by Steve Jobs to Motivate You
Here are fifteen inspiring Steve Jobs quotes. We hope they truly inspire you:
- Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
- Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.
- You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you’re not passionate enough from the start, you’ll never stick it out.
- Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma—which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.
- If today were the last day of your life, would you want to do what you are about to do today?
- I think the things you regret most in life are the things you didn’t do.
- My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.
- I think if you do something and it turns out pretty good, then you should go do something else wonderful, not dwell on it for too long. Just figure out what’s next.
- When you first start off trying to solve a problem, the first solutions you come up with are very complex, and most people stop there. But if you keep going and live with the problem and peel more layers of the onion off, you can oftentimes arrive at some very elegant and simple solutions. Most people just don’t put in the time or energy to get there. We believe that customers are smart and want objects which are well thought through.
- We don’t get a chance to do that many things and everyone should be really excellent. Because this is our life. Life is brief, and then you die, you know? And we’ve all chosen to do this with our lives. So, it better be damn good. It better be worth it.
- Quality is much better than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.
- When you grow up you tend to get told the world is the way it is and…to live your life inside the world. Try not to bash into the walls too much. Try to have a nice family, have fun, save a little money. That’s a very limited life. Life can be much broader once you discover one simple fact: Everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you and you can change it, you can influence it, you can build your own things that other people can use. Once you learn that, you’ll never be the same again.
- Don’t let the noise of other’s’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
- Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.
Which of these Steve Jobs quotes did you like best? We particularly loved the fourteenth quote about not letting other people’s opinions silence our own inner voice. Feel free to share which comments inspired you the most. We would love to hear from you.
Today’s Funny Quote
As is our custom, we end this post with a funny quote. Today, our funny quote is by Lily Tomlin, the American Actress and Comedian:
“I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific”.
Do you think people should be more specific about who they want to be? Leave a comment at the end of this post to tell us what you think.
Did you know that Innovate Today is a part of Innovate Design Studios Ltd? We are a web design company that provide premium web design, website maintenance and graphics services. If you’d like to know more about the service we provide, feel free to check out our Services page. On the other hand, if you’d like to get a free, no obligation quote for your web design project, contact us to submit a quote request.
Have a great week and we will see you later this week with more inspiring posts.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.