James Earl Jones is an American actor with a career spanning over seven decades. He is considered as one of the “most distinguished and versatile” actors today. Over the course of his extensive career, he has performed in film, television, and theater, winning several awards. He has also been cast in many voiceover roles in TV Ads, documentaries, and animated films. James Earl Jones is best known for his deep resonant voice and for his roles in iconic movies such as Star Wars, The Lion King and Coming to America. In this post, we share ten inspiring quotes by James Earl Jones and look at some interesting facts about him.
James Earl Jones born on 17th January 1931 in Arkabutla, Mississippi, U.S.A. At the age of five, he developed a severe stutter that left him functionally mute for eight years. Eventually, he was able to overcome his stutter with the help of a teacher while in High School.
Before proceeding to look at more interesting facts about James Earl Jones, here are related posts you might equally enjoy:
- Twenty Funny and Inspiring Quotes by Jim Carrey
- Fifteen Inspirational Quotes by Stan Lee
- Ten Inspiring Quotes by Chris Tucker to Brighten your Day
- Ten Inspiring Quotes by Nelson Mandela
- Fifteen Inspiring Denzel Washington Quotes on Success
- Five Thoughtful Ways to Help People in Need while on Lockdown
- How to Choose a Career Path that’s Right for You
Also, if you are yet to subscribe to our electronic mailing list, we invite you to do so today. Your free subscription allows us to send inspiring posts like this to you via email. To subscribe, simply enter your name and email address in the subscribe section below:
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
In the next section, we will share seven interesting facts about James Earl Jones you probably didn’t know.
Seven Interesting Facts about James Earl Jones
The life of James Earl Jones is quite fascinating. It’s interesting to note that he had to overcome several problems to become the iconic actor he is today. Here are seven such interesting facts about James Earl Jones you probably didn’t know:
- His father, Robert Earl Jones was also a stage and screen actor, working in New York and Hollywood. However, he left the family when James was still a baby.
- From the age of five, Jones was raised by his maternal grandparents. The transition was quite traumatic and caused him to develop a stutter.
- James Earl Jones had such a severe stuttering problem that he refused to speak. He remained functionally mute for eight years, till he entered High School. Luckily, one of his Teachers discovered he had a gift for poetry and encouraged him to overcome his stuttering.
- James Earl Jones became the second Black man nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actor in 1970.
- He was the first man to play a Black American President in a Feature film; the 1972’s The Man.
- Jones Earl Jones has a son, named Flynn Earl Jones. He was born in 1982 from his second marriage to actress Cecilia Hart.
- James Earl Jones has won several awards, including three Tony Awards, a Grammy Award and two Primetime Emmy Awards.
In the next section, we share ten inspiring quotes by James Earl Jones.
Ten Inspiring Quotes by James Earl Jones
Here are some of the most inspiring quotes by James Earl Jones we could find. We believe they will inspire you greatly:
- If you live in an oppressive society, you’ve got to be resilient. You can’t let each little thing crush you. You have to take every encounter and make yourself larger, rather than allow yourself to be diminished by it.
- It has to be real, and I think a lot of the problems we have as a society is because we don’t acknowledge that family is important, and it has to be people who are present, you know, and mothers and fathers, both are not present enough with children.
- Believe in yourself and there will come a day when others will have no choice but to believe with you.
- Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. While others search for what they can take, a true king searches for what he can give.
- Once you begin to explain or excuse all events on racial grounds, you begin to indulge in the perilous mythology of race.
- That is strength, boy! That is power! The strength and power of flesh! What is steel, compared to the hand that wields it?
- You don’t build a bond without being present.
- When you are mute, you become a good listener – it’s all one-way. You appreciate the written word. You appreciate the sound.
- When I read great literature, great drama, speeches, or sermons, I feel that the human mind has not achieved anything greater than the ability to share feelings and thoughts through language.
- Speech is a very important aspect of being human. A whisper doesn’t cut it.
Which of these quotes by James Earl Jones did you like best? We particularly loved the first quote on the list about being resilient. Feel free to leave us your comments on which ones you liked best. We would love to hear from you.
Today’s Funny Quote
Our funny quote for today is one by Edgar Bergen, the American Actor and Comedian
Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?
Do you agree? Let us know what you think by leaving us a comment at the end of this post.
Did you know that this post on our Innovate Today blog is brought to you by Innovate Design Studios Ltd, a web design and graphics company? We provide graphics, branding, web design and website maintenance services. If you’re interested in these services, contact us today to get a free quote and 10% off your next project.
Have a great weekend, stay safe and we will see you again next week with more inspiring posts.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.