The world wide web is truly amazing. It is an easy to use, free source of information that allows for business and social interactions. As you might imagine, this also includes legitimate ways to make money online. In our post today, we will highlight some great ways to make money online. We believe they will come in handy considering recent economic and financial challenges due to the coronavirus pandemic. This post also includes a brief guide on things to do before commencing your online business. We believe it will provide some guidance on what type of business to start and other necessary requirements. With that said, let’s delve into today’s topic.
There are very few issues that have the capacity to affect every nation on earth. As we came to find out in early January 2020, public health is one such issue. The consequent lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic has resulted in economic and financial downturns for nations, communities, and families. So, how do you deal with these economic challenges? One excellent way is to consider starting a legitimate online business. It is an excellent and legitimate way to make money online. That is the focus of our Innovate Today post.
Before we proceed though, here are some related posts we believe you will find useful:
- Top Ten Benefits of having a Website for your Small Business
- Seven Money Management Tips to manage Finances
- Seven Things to Do if you Lose your Job
- Seven Steps to Starting a Freelance Business
- How to Build an Online Presence for your Company
- Five Job Skills needed to Succeed in a Post-Coronavirus World
- Seven Useful Tips on How to Grow your Business Online
Also, if you are yet to subscribe to our electronic mailing list, we encourage you to do so today. Your subscription allows us to send you inspiring posts like this via email. To subscribe, simply enter your name and email below:
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
One lesson to be learnt from the economic downturn due to the coronavirus is to have several sources of income. Regardless of what your income has been in these times, having multiple sources of income is always a good idea.
In the next section, we will discuss issues to consider before you start your online business.
Before you Begin
As the saying goes, anything worth doing is worth doing well. In other words, this means starting a business that allows you to make money online requires consideration and technical know how. So, before starting an online business, whatever it is, here are a few things to consider:
- Define your Niche: Your niche is that place you are best fitted to thrive in. By first identifying what you are good at, you can focus your business efforts.
- Develop a Website: While it almost goes without saying, if you want to make money online, you will need a website. A website will help give you and your business an online presence and a platform to meet client’s. It will also lend credibility to your business.
- Focus on Adding Value: While making money online should be your goal, adding value to your customers should be how you reach that goal. Whatever business you decide to go into should focus on adding value to your customers. If you make this a priority, you will always have customers and continue to grow.
- Be willing to Persevere: As with all legitimate ventures, making money online takes time, effort, and perseverance. You must be consistent in your efforts and unrelenting in your commitment to quality, added value and your niche. As you do, you will find that there is an online audience for your niche and will begin to make money.
In the next section, we will list ten legitimate ways to make money online. As you consider them, remember to define your niche, have a website, focus on adding value and persisting at it.
Ten Legitimate Ways to Make Money Online
There are several legitimate ways to make money online. We have emphasized the term legitimate because there are several illegal ways to make money online as well. We encourage you to only focus on legal business ideas because only such businesses have a future. In that regard, here are some great ways to make money online:
- Start a Blog: If you are creative, passionate about issues and know how to write, you could start a blog. While it could take some time for your blog to develop an active reader base, it is a great business. Most bloggers make money by writing product reviews and placing adverts on their website. With the right amount of website traffic, it can be a significant source of income.
- Become a Freelance Writer: Are you knowledgeable enough to write on specific topics? Do you have decent writing skills? If so, you could offer your services online and get paid in return. Excellent platforms for freelance jobs include Fiverr, Upwork, Indeed and Toptal.
- Build Websites for Clients: If you have the technical know-how about graphics, apps, and web design, you could design websites for clients.
- Online Translator: The need for translation services is on the rise. Companies need to communicate with other businesses daily. If you know how to speak and write in several languages, you could make money online providing such services.
- Sell Online: Buying and selling online is no longer a new or foreign concept. Regardless of what your products are, you can place them online and sell them. All you would need is a website, a PayPal account to accept payments and good product pictures.
- Create Videos on YouTube: This is another excellent avenue to make money online. With the right videos and enough followers on your YouTube page, you could get paid for adverts. Best of all, your videos can focus on any niche, including food, fashion, or lifestyle. The key is to be consistent with your videos.
- Become a Virtual Assistant: As business owners find new ways to adapt to the new normal, the need for virtual assistants is on the rise. With the right skillset, you may avail such companies with your services.
- Start a Facebook Ads Business: Facebook Ads are a very effective way to reach potential clients. If you are familiar with how Facebook Ads work, you could setup online ads for local and small business owners.
- Sell Online Courses on Udemy: Udemy is a website where educational materials and courses are sold. If you have teaching skills, you could create online courses and sell them to students through this platform to make money online.
- Become a Tutor: With the advent of virtual classes, you could sign up as a tutor on online platforms to teach students.
Are there other legitimate ways to make money online that we did not list in this post? Feel free to leave us a comment at the end of this post. As always, we would love to hear from you.
Today’s Funny Quote
Our funny quote today is by Leslie Nielsen, the Canadian Actor and Comedian:
Doing nothing is very hard to do…you never know when you’re finished.
Do you agree? Feel free to leave a comment below. We would love to hear from you.
Do you need a website for your small business? Innovate Design Studios Ltd, our parent company provides premium web design, maintenance, and graphics services. If you’re interested in these services, contact us today to get a free quote and 10% off your next project.
Have a great week ahead and we will see you again later this week with more inspiring, motivational, and funny posts.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.