In this post, we will present the top ten benefits of having a website for your Small Business. We will also present the fact that one doesn’t have to think small simply because one has a small-scale business. Understanding the important role your small business plays in your Nation’s economy will help position you for expansions. For example, one important lesson companies learnt from the COVID-19 pandemic was that a website can help run your business. This was particularly true for companies who already had great, functional websites before the pandemic. They were able to continue making sales during the coronavirus lockdown, as opposed to losing money and customers. So, what are the benefits of having a website for your small business? What makes a website a great website? And where can you find such premium web design services at reasonable prices? (Here). By the end of this post, we would have answered all these questions.
Small and Medium sized businesses make up the engine that powers any economy. Important as they are, most countries only have a handful of Large-scale and multi-national businesses. However, by comparison, they have millions of small and Medium sized businesses that sell all kinds of products and services. These are the companies that make economies thrive and prosper. And as you might imagine, they do so through their sheer combined size and diversity. So, as a small business owner, understanding how important your company is to your economy is crucial.
To surmise, if having a website for your small business will help you run a better business, shouldn’t you get one? The logical answer to that question is a resounding Yes.
Before we proceed to the next section, here are some related posts we believe you’ll find equally helpful:
- How to Build an Online Presence for your Company
- Seven Useful Tips on How to Grow your Business Online
- Five ways to increase your Web Traffic
- Five Reasons why you should Buy a Domain Name for your Company
- How to choose the Right Domain Name for your Website
- A Beginner’s Guide to Launching a Website
- Does your Company need a Website?
- Seven Money Management Tips to manage Finances
Also, if you’ve not yet subscribed to our Innovate Today mailing list, we invite you to do so today. Your free subscription allows us to send you inspiring and motivational posts like this via email. To subscribe, simply enter your name and email in the subscribe section below:
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
In the next section, we will continue to explore the benefits of having a website for your small business. We will look at five features that make a great website.
Five Features that make a Great Website
As discussed in the last section, the benefits of having a website for your small business are enormous. However, before we discuss those benefits, lets take a brief look at features that make a great website. In other words, what five features should your company website have to make it a great one?
- Great Design: A great website should have a great design. This includes website layout, ease of use, and accessibility. A website with a poor site structure will simply be off-putting to customers.
- Crucial Business Information: While this goes without saying, a great website for your small business should have your business information. At the least, it should have a list of your products and services and your contact details.
- Trustworthiness and Security: A great website should also include security features to keep both you and your customer’s information secure. At the minimum, your website should have an SSL Certificate installed. This will ensure that all customer information submitted through the website is encrypted.
- Mobile Responsiveness and Speed: Today, most people access the web primarily through their phones and mobile devices. This means that if your website is not mobile responsive customers will find it difficult to use. In addition, websites also need to load quickly. It’s a common notion that websites that take longer than three seconds to load may ultimately be abandoned by customers.
- Search Engine Optimization and Analytics: Today, all great websites are search engine optimized. This means they are submitted to major search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing for indexing. It also means that they make use of specific keywords that help them rank online. Analytics on the other hand provide useful website statistics such as number of visitors, pages visited, etc. Both Search Engine Optimization and Analytics are useful for website marketing and reaching potential customers.
In the next section, we will go on to list the benefits of having a website for your small business.
Top Ten Benefits of having a Website for your Small Business
If you own a small or medium sized business and do not have a company website, that needs to change. We believe the benefits listed in this section will show you the numerous potentials you could be taking advantage of. On that note, here are the top ten benefits of having a website for your small business:
- It enhances your Online Presence: One important benefit of having a website is that customers can find your business anywhere and at any time. Owning a website for your business allows people who need your products and services to find you online.
- Improves Business Credibility: In addition, a business website gives your business an identity and lends credibility to your correspondence with customers. For example, emails sent from domain-based emails like email@example.com have more credibility than those from a Yahoo or Gmail account.
- Market Expansion: A website also guarantees that your business can be contacted from anywhere in the world by a potential customer. This invariably increases your potential customer base from your local community to the whole world.
- Improves Advertising Effectiveness: With the use of online advertising tools like Google Ads or Facebook Ads, you can easily reach potential customers. In addition, these advert platforms allow one to target specific age groups, genders, locations, etc. with adverts for maximum returns.
- Improves your SEO: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) provides tactics that make it easier for your business to rank online. Having a website helps as it provides Search Engines with pages to rank for traffic and sales.
- Consumer Convenience: Owing to the speed and availability of websites, services and products can be purchased and delivered to customers conveniently. This was found to be particularly useful during the recent COVID-19 lockdown.
- Fosters Good Customer Service: Website provides a much easier way to handle customer service. This can be done through a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page or through online contact forms and chat systems. These systems drastically reduce response times to customer requests and promote good customer relationships.
- Targeted Marketing Structure: Another benefit of having a website for your small business is that it provides a targeted marketing structure. In other words, a great website helps you reach potential customers most likely to engage with your business. A well-structured website will provide potential customers with the information they need to engage your services or purchase your products.
- Improves Productivity: Having a website also can provide your business with useful information about your clients, their complaints, and requests. This can help expand your business by identifying what products or services your customers need.
- Keep Track of your Small Business in Real Time: With the use of high end analytics tools, companies can track potential customers and sales provided on website, there is the possibility and access to track the performance of your business in real time. That is, you can know the activities taking place on your website from time to time ranging from the number of visitors to the average time spent on your website.
Do you have a website for your small business? How has your website helped your company during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Like we said at the beginning of this post, having a website for your small business is now a necessity. As a small business owner, we encourage you should consider the potential benefits it could give to your company. It may just be what you need to expand your business and develop a new customer base.
Feel free to leave us a comment at the end of this post. As usual, we would love to hear from you.
Today’s Funny Quote
As is our custom, we end today’s post with a funny quote. Our funny quote today is by Bill Watterson, the American Cartoonist
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
Do you agree? Let us know your thoughts. Leave us a comment at the end of this post.
Do you need a website for your small business? Innovate Design Studios Ltd, our parent company provides premium web design, maintenance, and graphics services. If you’re interested in these services, contact us today to get a free quote and 10% off your next project.
Have a great week ahead and we will see you again later this week with more inspiring, motivational, and funny posts.
Have a great week ahead.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.