We decided to share these inspiring quotes by Michelle Obama because we believe they will inspire you to greatness. In these days when hope is sometimes hard to find, we encourage you to ruminate on these Michelle Obama quotes. Mrs. Michelle Obama is an inspiration to people all over the world. Besides being First Lady of the United States, she has advocated for several causes including education, nutrition, and poverty awareness.
Michelle LaVaughn Obama was raised in Chicago, Illinois and graduated from Princeton University and Harvard Law School. She is a lawyer and author of several books, including Becoming which was published in 2018.
Before we move on to review some inspiring quotes by Michelle Obama, here are some useful links for additional reading:
- A Message of Hope for Troubled Times
- How to Encourage Yourself during Tough Times
- Fifteen Words of Encouragement for Hard Times
- How to Stay Focused in a World Full of Distractions
- Ten Encouraging Quotes about Hope in Difficult Times
- How to get through Tough Times in Business
Also, if you find this post inspiring, we encourage you to subscribe to our electronic mailing list. Once subscribed, you can get more inspiring posts like this one by email. To subscribe, simply enter your name and email in the subscribe section below:
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
In the next section, we will review five interesting facts about Michelle Obama.
Five interesting Facts about Michelle Obama
Here are some interesting facts about Michelle Obama that you probably did not know.
- She is the first African American First Lady of the United States.
- She is the third First Lady with a postgraduate degree. The other two are her immediate predecessors, Laura Bush and Hillary Clinton.
- Michelle Obama wrote her own speeches for her husband’s presidential campaign and generally spoke without notes.
- Her father, Fraser Robinson III, suffered from multiple sclerosis. This had a profound emotional effect on her, growing up.
- Before being First Lady of the United States, she held public sector positions in the Chicago City Government. Some of these positions included Assistant to the Mayor, and Assistant Commissioner of Planning and Development.
While she is most popularly known for being the First Lady, Michelle Obama is an inspiration because of her activism. Her experience in the public sector and education as a lawyer were extremely helpful to the Obama administration.
Fifteen Inspiring Quotes by Michelle Obama
Here are fifteen of the most inspiring quotes by Michelle Obama. We hope they inspire you as much as they did us.
- You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world’s problems at once but don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have, because history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own.
- You should never view your challenges as a disadvantage. Instead, it is important for you to understand that your experience facing and overcoming adversity is actually one of your biggest advantages.
- One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals. And so, when I hear about negative and false attacks, I really don’t invest any energy in them, because I know who I am.
- Although the circumstances of our lives may seem very disengaged, with me standing here as the First Lady of the United States of America and you just getting through school, I want you to know we have very much in common. For nothing in my life ever would have predicted that I would be standing here as the first African American First Lady.
- Whether you come from a council estate or a country estate, your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude.
- You cannot take your freedoms for granted. Just like generations who have come before you, you have to do your part to preserve and protect those freedoms, you need to be preparing yourself to add your voice to our national conversation.
- For me, becoming isn’t about arriving somewhere or achieving a certain aim. I see it instead as forward motion, a means of evolving, a way to reach continuously toward a better self. The journey doesn’t end.
- Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you. Let them make you even hungrier to succeed.
- There’s power in allowing yourself to be known and heard, in owning your unique story, in using your authentic voice. And there’s grace in being willing to know and hear others.
- Failure is an important part of your growth and developing resilience. Don’t be afraid to fail.
- You have to fill your bucket with positive energy and if you have people hanging around you that are bringing you down and not lifting you up, whether that’s your ‘boo’ or your best friend, you have to learn how to push these people to the side.
- Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t.
- Success isn’t about how much money you make, it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.
- When someone is cruel or acts like a bully, you don’t stoop to their level. No, our motto is when they go low, we go high.
- There are still many causes worth sacrificing for; so much history yet to be made.
As we conclude, we would like to remind you of the inspiring story of Parker and Michelle Obama from 2018. Parker, a 2-yr old girl at the time went viral because of a picture of her standing in awe while looking at the Michelle Obama portrait. You can read the post about Parker and Michelle Obama here.
Which of these inspiring quotes by Michelle Obama did you like best? We loved number eight on our list about how hardships and failures should not exhaust but inspire one to success. Feel free to leave us your thoughts and comments below.
Today’s Funny Quote
Our funny quote today is by Billy Sunday, the American Athlete turned Evangelist Preacher:
Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.
Do you agree with the Man of God? Leave us your thoughts and comments at the end of this post. As always, we would love to hear from you, our readers.
Did you know that our Innovate Today blog is brought to you by Innovate Design Studios Ltd, a web design and graphics company? We provide graphics, branding, web design and website maintenance services. If you’re interested in these services, contact us today to get a free quote and 10% off your next project.
Have a great weekend and see you again soon with more inspiring posts.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.