Every company needs to build an online presence for its global image and business operations. As a matter of fact, one thing the Coronavirus pandemic has exposed is the need to have an online presence. During the early days of the pandemic and consequent lockdown, many businesses had to scramble to setup these online platforms. Hardest hit sectors included retail businesses and Schools that had no online presence or student platform for e-learning. In this post, we discuss the benefits of building an online presence for your company, freelance business, or organization. Also, we discuss simple ways to create an online presence for your company that may not necessarily include a website.
Creating and managing the online presence of your company can be a herculean task. This is because in today’s world, there are so many available options and features to be used. For example, you could setup an online shop, manage a company newsletter, create a blog or just post company announcements. While this post provides how-to instructions for setup of your company’s online presence, also bear in mind that you can hire someone to do it for you. As a matter of fact, Innovate Design Studios, parent company for Innovate Today blog, is a web design and maintenance company. So feel free to contact us for your free, no obligation project proposal today.
With that said, here are some related posts on this subject that we believe you’ll find equally helpful:
- A Beginner’s Guide to Launching a Website
- Does your Company need a Website?
- Five Reasons why you should Buy a Domain Name for your Company
- How to choose the Right Domain Name for your Website
- Five ways to increase your Web Traffic
- How to Prepare for a Virtual Interview
We also have an excellent step-by-step guide on How to Start a New Business from the team at Finimpact. We believe it will be an excellent read, in combination with this post.
Before we proceed, we would like to invite you to subscribe to the Innovate Today mailing list. Among other things, your subscription allows us to send you inspiring posts like this directly by email.
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
Simply enter you name and email above to subscribe.
Four Benefits of Building an Online presence
An online presence is the representation of a business online. In other words, it comprises of the different avenues that an individual or business can be found on the internet. Interestingly, your company’s online presence includes other things besides your company website. It also includes your social media accounts, articles and product reviews, and company pictures and videos.
Building an online presence for your company is essential if your business will thrive in this digital age. On that note, listed below are some benefits of building an online presence:
- It helps attract customers who haven’t heard about you or your brand
- An online presence reinforces your brand and what you offer your target audience
- It showcases your products or expertise in the services you provide
- It builds your brand reputation and creates brand awareness
These are just a few of the benefits having an online presence provides your company. In the next section, we look at how to build an online presence for your company.
How to Build an Online Presence for your Company
As discussed earlier, building an online presence has several benefits which include creating brand awareness and attracting new customers. Here are some ways to build your company’s online presence:
- Make use of Social Media Platforms: Owning and maintaining Social media accounts for your company can help with customer interaction, customer service and customer engagement. These platforms also help companies share their ideology, vision, goals, and projects with their online followers. Examples of Social media platforms popular with companies include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Build a Company Website: Having a well-designed website is really the first step to building a strong online presence, no matter the size of your business. Such a website would contain fundamental information about your company, products or services and how you can be contacted.
- Make use of Search Engine Optimization: Once your social media accounts for your company are setup, be sure to make use of relevant keywords, when posting. This also applies to your website and blog. Search engine optimization is particularly important in building an online presence because it helps potential clients find you online.
This is a post on how to build an online presence for your company. Consequently, we have provided in the links below, details on how to setup you own social media company business accounts. Simply read through and follow the steps itemized in each link to setup your respective accounts.
- How to setup a Facebook Business Page
- How to setup a Twitter Business Page
- Create a LinkedIn Company Page
- Setup a Pinterest Business Account
- How to start a Youtube Chanel for your Business
Does your company have an online presence? You can find out by simply entering your company name into Google and checking the search results. What social media platforms do you use for your business? Also, does your company have a website and if so, how do you manage it? Feel free to leave us your thoughts and comments at the end of this post. We would love to hear from you as always.
Today’s Funny Quote
To conclude this post, we would like to share a funny quote by Sarah Brown, the American Actress:
The only thing that ever sat its way to success was a hen.
Do you agree? Leave us a comment and share your thoughts and opinions.
Did you know that our Innovate Today blog is brought to you by Innovate Design Studios Ltd, a web design company? We provide graphics, branding, web design and website maintenance services. If you’re interested in these services, contact us today to get a free quote and 10% off your next project.
Have a great week ahead and we will see you again on soon with another inspiring post.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.