It’s been a little over a year since the world lost one of its greatest athletes; Kobe Bryant. Kobe was an American professional basketball player widely regarded as one of the greatest players of all time. In honor of his life, in this post, we share twenty five memorable Kobe Bryant quotes to inspire you.
Kobe Bean Bryant, also popularly known as the black mamba, had an amazing professional basketball career that spanned 20 seasons. During that time, he won several championships and awards including five NBA Championships, the 2008 NBA Most Valuable Player and the 18-time All-Star to mention just a few. He was truly a legend.
If you enjoy our posts, we would like to encourage you to subscribe to our electronic mailing list. Your subscription allows us to send you inspiring posts like this via email. To subscribe, simply enter your name and email in the subscribe section below:
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
Also, if you would like to read other related posts on inspiring quotes, we invite you to check out the links on the list below:
- Twenty Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes to Inspire you to Greatness
- Fifteen Quotes on Living without Limits
- Ten Inspirational New Year Quotes to Start your Year
- Twenty of the Best New Year Quotes for 2020
With that said, let’s take a look at the twenty five memorable Kobe Bryant quotes we’ve specially curated. We will look at them in two sections of ten and fifteen quotes respectively.
Ten Memorable Kobe Bryant Quotes to inspire You
- I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses.
- The moment you give up is the moment you let someone else win
- The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great at whatever they want to do.
- The last time I was intimidated was when I was 6 years old in karate class. I was an orange belt and the instructor ordered me to fight a black belt who was a couple years older and a lot bigger. I was scared s–less. I mean, I was terrified and he kicked my ass. But then I realized he didn’t kick my ass as bad as I thought he was going to and that there was nothing really to be afraid of. That was around the time I realized that intimidation didn’t really exist if you’re in the right frame of mind.
- I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. I have nights when I show up at the arena and I’m like, “My back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt. I don’t have it. I just want to chill.” We all have self-doubt. You don’t deny it, but you also don’t capitulate to it. You embrace it.
- As I sit here now, when I take off my shoe and I look down at my scar, I see beauty in it. I see all the hard work, all the sacrifices. I see the journey that it took to get back to this point of being healthy. And I see beauty in that struggle. That’s what makes it beautiful.
- Be willing to sacrifice anything, but compromise nothing in your quest to be your best.
- I’m reflective only in the sense that I learn to move forward. I reflect with a purpose.
- The most important thing is you must put everybody on notice that you’re here and you are for real. I’m not a player that is just going to come and go. I’m not a player that is going to make an All-Star team one time, two times. I’m here to be an all-time great. Once I made that commitment and said, “I want to be one of the greatest ever”, then the game became everything for me.
- There’s a choice that we have to make as people, as individuals. If you want to be great at something, there’s a choice you have to make. We all can be masters at our craft, but you have to make a choice. What I mean by that is, there are inherent sacrifices that come along with that. Family time, hanging out with friends, being a great friend, being a great son, nephew, whatever the case may be. There are sacrifices that come along with making that decision.
Five Fun Facts about Kobe Bryant
In this section, we share some interesting facts about Kobe Bryant.
- Kobe was the son of Joe Bryant who was also a professional basketball player
- He was named after KOBE, the Japanese beef known for its tenderness and perfect texture
- He was the first player to be drafted into the NBA straight out of high school
- He was an NBA Champion five times in his career, a record beaten only by Michael Jordan who won six times.
- Kobe Bryant scored over 33,643 points during his 20-year career. He ranks third for highest points scored in NBA history.
Now let’s take a look at fifteen more memorable quotes by Kobe Bryant to inspire you.
Fifteen more Memorable Kobe Bryant Quotes to Inspire You
- If you’re afraid to fail, then you’re probably going to fail.
- Take it all in. Sit back and watch and listen and hear all the hate that’s being thrown at us and remember every person that’s kicking you when you’re down, because next year it ain’t gonna be this way. Appreciate it now. Let it sit in now, because revenge is sweet and it’s quick.
- The topic of leadership is a touchy one. A lot of leaders fail because they don’t have the bravery to touch that nerve or strike that chord. Throughout my years, I haven’t had that fear.
- When we are saying this cannot be accomplished, this cannot be done, then we are short-changing ourselves. My brain, it cannot process failure. It will not process failure. Because if I have to sit there and face myself and tell myself “you are a failure”, I think that is almost worse than dying.
- The beauty in being blessed with talent is rising above doubters to create a beautiful moment.
- It doesn’t bother me at all. Do I hold any hard feelings? Not at all. Life is too short to sit around and hold grudges. I don’t hold any whatsoever.
- If you don’t believe in yourself, no one will do it for you.
- Pain doesn’t tell you when you ought to stop. Pain is the little voice in your head that tries to hold you back because it knows if you continue you will change. Don’t let it stop you from being who you can be. Exhaustion tells you when you ought to stop. You only reach your limit when you can go no further.
- Dedication sees dreams come true.
- The examples are endless but my philosophy is simple. Once I knew my seed, I was able to discover my muse and my purpose for being was crystal clear.
- Either way, I refuse to change what I am. A lion has to eat. Run with me or run from me.
- Being passive aggressive in this competition means you’re fine with simply going with the flow and unwilling to disturb the calm waters of the game to accomplish your goals.
- You need to figure out a way to invest in the future of your family and friends. This sounds simple, and you may think it’s a no-brainer, but take some time to think on it further. I said INVEST. I did not say GIVE.
- Trust me, setting things up right from the beginning will avoid a ton of tears and heartache…
- Losers visualize the penalties of failure. Winners visualize the rewards of success.
Which of these inspiring Kobe Bryant quotes did you like best? Do you have any memorable words you would like to use to honor Kobe Bryant? Feel free to leave us your comments and thoughts in our Comments section at the end of this post. We would love to hear from you.
Today’s Funny Quote
Our funny quote today is by George Carlin, the American Stand-up comedian, actor and author
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can’t hear the music.
Do you agree? Feel free to share your thoughts in our comments section below.
Did you know that our Innovate Today blog is brought to you by Innovate Design Studios Ltd, a web design company? We provide graphics, branding, web design and website maintenance services. If you’re interested in these services, contact us today to get a free quote and 10% off your next project.
Have a great weekend and we will see you again on soon with another inspiring post.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.