In our post today, we share with you twenty Martin Luther King Jr quotes to inspire you to greatness. Every year, we honor the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr on the third Monday of January. This day is called Martin Luther King Jr Day. As you may know, Dr. King was a pivotal advocate for African Americans during the US Civil Rights Movement in the 60’s. His words gave hope to a generation of African Americans living in poverty due to laws that promoted inequality. He will be remembered for many things, including his commitment to the cause of equality and for his profound speeches. Today, several parts of Dr. King’s speeches have been culled into inspiring quotes that motivate and encourage us to act on our own dreams.
As you will come to see in our compilation of inspiring quotes by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., he was a great inspiration. We have come to discover that inspiration is a necessity for all human beings. Regardless of your age, gender, religion or profession, everyone needs to be inspired every now and then. If you’ve found our posts inspiring, we encourage you to subscribe to our electronic mailing list. Your subscription allows us to send you more inspiring posts by email. To subscribe, simply enter your name and email below:
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
If you would like to read additional inspiring posts, check out our list of related posts below:
- Fifteen Quotes on Optimism to Brighten your day
- Fifteen Quotes on Living without Limits
- Twenty Really Funny Jokes for Kids
- Ten Inspiring Quotes about Hard Work
Now, let’s take a look at some inspiring Martin Luther King Jr. quotes.
Twenty Martin Luther King Jr. quotes to inspire you to Greatness
- If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.
- Everybody can be great…because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a College degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.
- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- We must use time creatively, in the knowledge that the time is always ripe to do right.
- We must walk on in the days ahead with an audacious faith in the future.
- There comes a time when a man must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.
- An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.
- We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.
- We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
- Whatever your life’s work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the unborn could do it no better.
- Never, never be afraid to do what’s right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society’s punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.
- If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.
- Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.
- Keep feeling the need for being first. But I want you to be the first in love. I want you to be the first in moral excellence. I want you to be the first in generosity.
- Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
- All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.
- The quality, not the longevity, of one’s life is what is important.
- A productive and happy life is not something you find; it is something you make.
- The difference between a dreamer and a visionary is that a dreamer has his eyes closed and a visionary has his eyes open.
- I submit to you that if a man hasn’t discovered something that he will die for, he isn’t fit to live.
Of these Martin Luther King Jr. quotes, we particularly like quote 19 on our list about how a dreamer has his eyes closed and a visionary has his eyes open. Did you find these quotes inspiring? Which of them did you like best? Leave us a comment in our Comments section below. As always, we love hearing from you.
Today’s Funny Quote
As is our custom, we will be ending our post today with a funny quote. Today’s funny quote is by Doug Larson, the American Columnist and Editor
Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.
Have a great week ahead and we will see you again shortly with another inspiring post.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.