In today’s post, we take a look at some inspiring quotes on optimism to keep you inspired all through the year. We believe that optimism should be a way of life and not a periodic perspective on situations. This is because an optimistic attitude helps one take advantage of opportunities and make the most of a seemingly bad day.
So regardless of how stressed, frustrating or tough things may get this year, make up your mind to be positive and optimistic. As you do, you’ll find that things will work themselves out for your good. So in this post, we have put together fifteen inspiring quotes on optimism to brighten your day and get you bubbling with positive energy.
Before we get into today’s subject, we would like to provide you with a list of related posts for additional reading. We believe you will find them equally helpful.
- Fifteen Quotes on Living without Limits
- Ten New Year Resolution Ideas for a Successful 2020
- Five Tips to start the New Year right
- How to be more Productive at Work
- Ten Short Motivational Quotes for Work
Also, if you have not subscribed to our mailing list, please use the subscribe section below to do so. Your subscription allows us to send you email notifications every time we release a new post.
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
That being said, let’s take a closer look at what optimism is.
What is Optimism?
According to Nicholas M. Butler, the American Philosopher, Diplomat and Nobel Prize winner, “optimism is essential to achievement and is also the foundation of courage and true progress”. Interestingly, there is more to optimism than just being positive. Being optimistic also means understanding what needs to be done to achieve the positive future you see and doing it. Optimism is a product of hope. Without optimism, life is bleak and mediocre.
There is a common saying about optimism that you may have heard. Basically, it says that the optimist looks at a half filled cup as half full while a pessimist looks at the same cup as half empty. While this is correct, it is not completely true. An optimist also looks at the cup and sees what he needs to do to make the cup completely full.
So as you start this year, don’t just have a positive outlook on life. Also take the time to figure out what you need to do to have an even better year ahead.
Fifteen Quotes on Optimism to Brighten your Day
Here are the fifteen quotes on optimism we have compiled.
- Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so. – Noam Chomsky
- Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out. – John Wooden
- What is hope but a feeling of optimism, a thought that says things will improve, it won’t always be bleak and that there’s a way to rise above the present circumstances. – Wayne W. Dyer
- A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. – Winston Churchill
- Optimism refuses to believe that the road ends without options. – Robert H. Schuller
- Optimism doesn’t wait on facts. It deals with prospects. – Norman Cousins
- The optimist lives on the peninsula of infinite possibilities; the pessimist is stranded on the island of perpetual indecision. – William Arthur Ward
- It is the hopeful, buoyant, cheerful attitude of mind that wins. Optimism is a success builder; pessimism an achievement killer. –Orison Swett Marden
- When you are asked if you can do a job, tell ’em, ‘Certainly I can!’ Then get busy and find out how to do it. –Theodore Roosevelt
- Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree. – Martin Luther
- I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. – Jimmy Dean
- An optimist understands that life can be a bumpy road, but at least it is leading somewhere. They learn from mistakes and failures, and are not afraid to fail again. – Harvey Mackay
- Optimism can be more powerful than a battery of artillery or squadron of tanks. It can be contagious and is necessary to being a leader. – General Rick Hillier
- The predominant quality of successful people is optimism. Your level of optimism is the very best predictor of how happy, healthy, wealthy, and long-lived you will be. – Brian Tracy
- The things you think are the disasters in your life are not the disasters really. Almost anything can be turned around; out of every ditch, a path, if you can only see it. – Hilary Mantel
Which of these inspiring quotes on optimism did you find most inspiring? We particularly love the first quote on the list by Noam Chomsky, the American Philosopher. Let us know which quotes you liked best. Leave us a comment at the end of this post.
Today’s Funny Quote
Our funny quote today is by Ann Landers, the American Advice Columnist
At every party there are two kinds of people – those who want to go home and those who don’t. The trouble is, they are usually married to each other.
Have a great weekend and we will see you again on Monday with another inspiring post.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.