In this post, we outline ten New Year resolution ideas for a successful year in 2020. When it comes to New Year’s resolutions, it can be quite easy to get stuck with the same old cycle. This is because starting a New Year is always an exciting experience. These new beginnings have a way of making us want to be better versions of ourselves. As a result, we make resolutions on different things we would like to start or stop doing. Statistics however show that by as early as the 17th of January, most people would have failed on their New Year resolutions or abandoned them altogether. So how do we avoid the cycle of making New Year resolutions and breaking them only a few days later?
Whatever your New Year resolution ideas are this year, we believe that they can be achieved; if you follow certain principles. These steps, which we share in this post will help you make good New Year resolutions that can be achieved.
On the subject of improving oneself, please see links to related topics below for your further reading. We trust that you will find them helpful.
- Five Tips to Start the New Year Right
- Ten Inspirational New Year Quotes to Start your Year
- Twenty of the Best New Year Quotes for 2020
- Five Ways to Prepare your Business for Success in the New Year
- Five Personal Development Activities to advance your Life
Before we proceed to discuss these creative New Year resolution ideas, we would like to invite you to subscribe to our electronic mailing list. Your subscription will enable you to receive email notifications every time we publish a new post. So if you’ve found our posts helpful, do feel free to subscribe. Simply enter your name and email in the subscribe section below:
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
Thank you for subscribing.
How to make New Year Resolutions you can achieve
New Year resolutions are a great way to get positioned for success in the New Year. As a matter of fact, Studies have found that people who make New Year resolutions are ten times more likely to succeed than people who don’t. So how do you make New Year resolutions that don’t fail? The following are some of the ways you can make New Year resolutions for a successful 2020:
- Do not promise too much: Most New Year resolutions fail because they demand too much. Instead, set reasonable goals that allow you to develop and grow gradually.
- Set a few Goals: Another reason New Year resolution ideas rarely amount to anything is because we set too many goals. Instead, set no more than three goals and focus diligently on accomplishing them throughout the year. Having a list of twenty resolutions for example, can weigh heavily on you and make you lose the will to even try to achieve those goals.
- Make resolutions that come from desire and enthusiasm: New Year resolution ideas have a greater chance of being successful if they are things you want to do. Making a resolution about something you have no interest in doing will only lead to failure.
- Be committed to the Goals you’ve set: After deciding on your goals for the year, commit yourself to pursuing them. You can do this by writing out the goals along with specific steps you will take to achieve them. By setting smaller, easy to accomplish goals for each resolution, you give yourself something easy to reach for that will motivate you to accomplish more.
On that note, let’s take a look at ten New Year resolution ideas for 2020.
Ten New Year Resolution Ideas for a Successful 2020
Here are ten New Year resolution ideas you can employ for a successful 2020.
- Carve out “Me” time regularly: During the year, most people tend to be engaged with work, family and other important duties. As a result, they rarely have time to do other things they would love. By carving out time for yourself on a regular basis, you get the chance to do the things you want without the usual distractions that come with daily life. Doing this helps you unwind and have ample time to reflect and prepare for additional work.
- Commit to learning something new: Even if you’re not looking for a new job right now, it’s always wise to keep your mind sharp. You can do this by following up on news, events and emerging trends in your field of endeavor.
- Make time for Family and Friends: You can also resolve to appreciate your loved ones and friends on a regular basis. By simply checking in on them to ask about their well being, you let them know that you still care and love them. Doing this will make them happy and contribute to your happiness and physical well being as well.
- Commit to gaining more Sources of Income: Income goals are easy to set but can be hard to achieve. For example, if you are a salaried employee, opportunities for salary increase may only come once a year. As an alternative, find business opportunities you can take advantage of to earn extra income. For more ideas on this, check out our post on Ten Profitable Business Ideas with low Investment to try.
- Reduce unnecessary expenses: While you may not be able to increase your income at will, you can always find ways to reduce your expenses. You can use these New Year resolution ideas to avoid waste of money and other resources. An excellent way to reduce your expenses is to create a spending budget and monitor your spending. Once you find specific things you purchase that are not necessary, you can easily avoid them or reduce how often you purchase them.
- Make your health a Priority: This year, make your health and well being a priority. You can do this by making a New Year resolution to eat healthier and exercise more often. You can also schedule your annual Physical examination with your Doctor, along with other related healthcare checkups.
- Change your perception of other People: This year, resolve to change your perception of people. As they say, don’t judge a book by its cover. You can do this by making an effort to look for the best in others, even when it’s hard to see. Also, give people the benefit of the doubt, find out more about people before forming an opinion about them and be kind to everyone. As you do, you’ll discover that you are happier and people are friendlier to you.
- Accept change: Change, as they say, is one of the only constants in life. Learning to accept it though can be difficult, especially if you’re change-averse. As you start off your year, remember that change is what allows us to grow and become those things we strive to be. So this New Year, resolve to embrace the unknown and think more positively when changes come.
- Practice Optimism: Somehow, optimistic people always have things go well for them. Interestingly, it’s not because they are more lucky than others but because of their attitude. This New Year, make a choice to always see the light at the end of the tunnel; to be optimistic. Regardless of your predispositions, understand that you can actually train yourself to adopt a “glass-half-full” approach to life.
- Be Thankful: All successful people practice some form of gratitude. By fostering that attitude, you can actually change your perception of life. So this year, take time out regularly to write out things you are thankful for. Cultivating this habit will help you realize how well things are going for you and put you in the right state of mind to achieve greater things.
As we conclude this post, we would like to ask you what New Year resolution ideas you’ve implemented for 2020? Did you know that most people fail on their New Year resolution ideas by 17th January? How do you intend to keep your resolutions throughout the year? Feel free to leave us a comment at the end of this post. We love hearing from our readers.
Today’s Funny Quote
Our funny quote today is by Sir Winston Churchill, the British Prime Minister during World War II.
A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
Do enjoy your weekend and we will see you again on Monday with another inspiring post.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.