Are you looking for small business ideas for women? Do you need business Ideas tailored specifically for female entrepreneurs? Or are you just trying to figure out what to do as a business and how to get started? If you answered yes to any of these questions, read on because you came to the right place.
In our last post, we took a look at the Best Ten Small Business Ideas for Men Anywhere. We believed it was so helpful that we decided to take a look at small scale business ideas for women as well. We trust that you will also find this post equally useful. As usual, if you like this post, feel free to share it on social media or leave a comment at the end of this post. We always love hearing from and getting feedback from our readers. You can share your thoughts, or new topics you would like us to write about in your comment.
That being said, we would like to give you a few links to other related posts we’ve written in the past. We think you’ll also find them useful:
- A Good Legacy
- Eight Rules to building a Successful Business
- Marketing Tactics for Small Business Owners
- Ten Profitable Business Ideas with Low Investment to try in 2019
Also, if you’ve not done so, remember to subscribe to our electronic mailing list. This way, you’ll get new post updates from us right in your inbox. To subscribe, simply enter your name and email in the section below:
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
How to decide on which Small Business Idea to Use
The best small business ideas usually involve little startup costs, minimal risks and reasonable profits. Starting a business is a big decision and even the most motivated entrepreneurs sometimes struggle when trying to settle on a business idea. Nevertheless, this isn’t something that you should be particularly worried about. The right way to go through the process of making such a decision is to ask the following questions:
- What am I passionate about?
- What are my skills and capabilities? and
- How much free time do I have to invest into this new business?
Once you’ve answered these questions, possible business ideas should come to light.
This sometimes can be easier said than done. So in the next section, we will take a look at the best ten small business ideas for women that we could curate. We hope you find them useful.
Best Ten Small Business Ideas for Women
There are several reasons to consider starting a small business. Some people start theirs to earn a little extra money while others start with the hope that they will grow into a full-time job. Regardless of the reason you choose to start, here are some of the best small business ideas you can engage in as a woman.
- Clothing Business: Most women have a natural eye for fashion, accessorizing and other such clothing related ideas. With the right skills and a little investment, you can start such a business from home. And if you’re really creative, you can even start your own clothing brand. The clothing industry offers a lot of small business opportunities. Consequently, you can start with a simple printed apparel store and grow that into your own clothing brand.
- Interior Design: Interior design is a part of fashion. However, unlike fashion design in the clothing business, the focus is on interior decoration and room design. It also involves a solid understanding of fabrics, color combination, lighting, furniture types, greenery and sculptures. Interior design can be a very profitable business and requires ability to purchase various interior design products depending on the needs of each client. Potential clients could be commercial property owners such as hotels and restaurants, as well as individuals in residential properties.
- Blogging: A huge part of blogging is about making money through ads and affiliate programs. It is one of the most suitable business ideas for stay-at-home moms and women at home. If you can write and can find a niche to express yourself creatively, it can be quite profitable. Another benefit of this is that work hours can be as flexible as you need them to be. However, the keyword with blogging is consistency and finding your own niche. How do you start? All you need is to build a website and write articles about anything you’re passionate about. To start work on your website, contact us for a free, no obligation web design proposal.
- Book Keeping and Accounting: Businesses and Startups always seem like they could use a little extra help. It can be your business’s job to help them. Bookkeeping and accounting are just two of the heavy lifting tasks that some companies need help with and you could provide that extra support. Of course, it helps if you have an accounting or bookkeeping degree prior to starting such a business.
- Home Care and Tutoring: A large portion of every country’s population consists of children and Senior Citizens. As a result, there is always a demand for home care aides and tutors. For these positions, one might need some experience in teaching, mentoring, tutoring or taking care of the elderly. If you don’t have such experience, you can try volunteering at your local church or mosque or your local Children’s department store.
- EBay or other Online Business: With the right marketing tools, you can sell almost anything online. The giant of online auction services, eBay continues to be an inexpensive and lucrative platform for selling products from broken tools to real estate. One great eBay business tip is to search for retail stores going out of business. Once you do, buy as many of their products as you can at their discounted price and then resell them on eBay.
- Proofreading: Do you have a good understanding of the English language? Are you able to catching grammatical errors when reading? Or do you cringe when you see grammatical mistakes? If so, you might be good at Poofreading. Proofreaders are needed all the time and even home-based writers hire them. If you make up your mind to start service as a proofreader, you can join several online freelance platforms right away. Some excellent online platforms for freelance work include Upwork and Fiver.
- Wedding Planning: Wedding planning is a popular and exciting field to work in. It is a great small business idea for women. However, it may require significant experience and a considerable startup capital. Regardless, if you’re interested in wedding planning, you can get some experience by working for a Catering company. With enough experience, you can start your own business.
- Beauty Parlor: Most women understand the importance of beauty. As a result, they are able to attend to other women who need beauty services. A beauty parlor or salon offers such services ranging from hairdo to manicures, pedicures, etc. While this is a good business idea for women, it can be cost intensive. To cut costs, this business can be started at home and expanded over time.
- YouTube Personality: In today’s social media powered world, Youtube Personalities are as popular as movie stars. They make their profits from ads and product referrals; activities for which Google and the product manufacturers pay handsomely for. But how do you become a Youtube Personality? The truth is it is never a good idea to aim for that. Instead, aim to add value through your videos. Also, consistency in video releases is very important. Doing so will help build a large subscriber base for which Google Adsense will pay you to advertise to.
The business ideas for women listed in this post are not exclusively for women. Interestingly, previously stereotypical roles for both men and women are now being taken over. For example, we now have men who are major players in the interior design or wedding planning business. Likewise, we also have women who do computer repairs, graphics and even mechanical repairs or construction.
Our point here is that if you come across a business idea you believe you will be good at, go for it. Do not let gender stereotypes hold you back from pursuing your dreams.
Today’s Funny Quote
As we conclude today’s post, we would like to leave you with this funny quote by Sloan Wilson, the American Writer.
Success in almost any field depends more on energy and drive than it does on intelligence. This explains why we have so many stupid leaders.
Have a great week ahead and we will see you again on Friday with another inspiring post.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.