There are a thousand and one reasons why anyone would be searching for profitable small business ideas for men. Generally, most people try to have more than one source of income. This is always a good idea because it guarantees stability and a certain amount of financial freedom. Young, energetic men, who have an entrepreneurial mind can take advantage of small scale business ideas to generate some clean extra income.
Interestingly, the business ideas we have put together in this post can be used regardless of your gender, location or financial status. They are simple, easy to start and low investment ideas that are profitable.
That being said, we would like to provide you with a list of other posts we’ve written on small business ideas that we believe you will find useful. They are listed below
- Eight Rules to building a Successful Business
- Marketing Tactics for Small Business Owners
- Ten Profitable Business Ideas with Low Investment to try in 2019
- How to create an Effective Strategic Marketing Plan for your Business
- Five benefits of Good Customer Service
Also, if you’ve not done so, remember to subscribe to our Innovate Today electronic mailing list. Your subscription will allow us to send you email notifications every time we publish a new post. To subscribe, simply enter your name and email in the subscribe section below:
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
Before we get into today’s topic, we would like to briefly mention that the business ideas listed in this post are not exclusively for men. In this day and age, gender plays a small role in business activities with women taking over many stereotypical male jobs. So if you’re a woman or young lady reading this post, don’t be afraid to pursue any appealing ideas we’ve listed. We believe you can do anything you set your mind to do.
Now, let’s take a look at some of the best ten small business ideas for men (or women) anywhere.
Reasons Men would want Small business Ideas
Almost everyone wants to start a successful business. We all have that innate desire to create something bigger than ourselves that benefits others. Some reasons why people start small business include:
- Financial stability from having a second source of income;
- Career independence;
- Passion for a cause; or
- Discovering a really good and profitable business idea.
Regardless of why you may want to start a small business, the additional income is always welcome. That, especially if you’re passionate about what you’re doing.
So here are ten of the best small business ideas today for men.
Best Ten Small Business Ideas for Men
- Photography: Taking selfies can be a great pass time activity. However, it’s completely different from taking photographs professionally. As a matter of fact, most professional photographers will tell you that photography is an art. So if you have a creative eye, you can turn that into a photography business. Photography can be lucrative if taken it seriously. You’ll need to invest in skill development, photo editing software and good cameras but other than that, it has little financial expenses.
- Computer Repairs: Just like phones, almost everyone uses computers on a regular basis. Not many people know how to repair their computers when there is an issue though. One can take advantage of that potential huge market to generate some income. Such a business would involve detecting and fixing computer software or hardware problems and replacing faulty computer parts. You’ll obviously need to become familiar with troubleshooting techniques and emerging technologies. A good place to start is by taking the Comptia A+ certification.
- Copy and Content Writing Services: As the saying goes, “Content is King”. If you’ve discovered that you are good at writing, you can become a Copy Writer. Copywriter is a fancy way of saying “writer”, with the added difference that a copywriter is usually focused on writing sales pages or other direct marketing material. In a way, a good copywriter or content writer is the voice of a company. If you love to write, you can take an online course in copy writing on Udemy.com. This way, you can learn how to write copy professionally and how to make money online by writing for others.
- Small Cooking Business: Most people eat out often every week. Whether its food for breakfast, a quick snack or lunch at work, food is an important part of our daily lives. If you know how to cook and enjoy cooking, you may want to start a small cooking business. Of course it involves a lot of work but if you’re passionate about it, there’s a lot of money to be made. After all, almost everybody eats at least twice every day.
- Online Boutique: If you thought old classical boutiques were the best thing ever, you’d be very wrong! Online shopping stores are replacing those old storefront boutiques in today’s world. This is the age of the internet and almost everything is now available online. If you love fashion, and love to see people look beautiful, then you may want to consider starting an online boutique. To do this, you will need a website where you can sell your products. For more on this, contact us for a web design quote.
- Handmade Paintings: This idea is for those creative guys who are good at painting. If you paint as a hobby, consider turning it into a business. Lots of creative people are confused about starting this profession. However, it’s not as complicated as it may seem. You can start by posting your paintings on your instagram and other social media pages. You could also reach out to your audience through other online media such as a website, etc. Once you establish a good follower base, you can offer to sell some of your handmade paintings.
- Graphics Design: This is a booming industry that almost every company needs these days. Promotional products like posters, flyers, etc are an important part of a company’s marketing department. This also includes logo design, photo editing and even web design services.
- Property and Real Estate: Real estate has always been a lucrative field for several decades. A small part of the real estate ecosystem is the property dealer. Basically, a property dealer’s job is to match buyers and the sellers. Of course, they get a commission for this service from both the seller and buyer which can be quite substantial depending on the property.
- Financial Planner: Financial Planner is tasked with management of their Client’s portfolio. They also help in choosing the right investments, proportion, as well as entry and exit points. It goes without saying that this sort of business requires technical accounting skills and integrity.
Poultry Business: The poultry business is yet another profitable small business idea for men. However, this business idea requires a lot of attention from its operators. As a result, adequate training is recommended before starting the business. You might also need a team of operators to help with daily duties and ensure the success of the business.
These small business ideas for men have the potential to grow into massive businesses with time and commitment. Nevertheless, before starting out, we strongly suggest that you carefully develop a business plan, strategy to gain customers and method for marketing your product. We sincerely hope that these ideas inspire you to take the bold step of starting your own business today.
Are there other great business ideas you’ve come across? Are they specific to your country or neighborhood? Leave us a comment at the end of this post. As always, we would love to hear from you.
Today’s Funny Quote
As is our custom, we conclude this post with a funny quote. Today’s funny quote is by Chris Rock, the Comedian and Actor
There are only three things women need in life: food, water and compliments.
Have a great weekend and we will see you on Monday with another inspiring post.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.