Every business that will be successful in today’s world must have a website. That being said, it is one thing to have a website and another to have web traffic. Most people come to find that even though they have websites, for some reason, they do not have any traffic to the website. If you happen to have this issue, we encourage you to read on. In today’s post, we review why web traffic is so important, how to check your website traffic and five ways to grow the traffic to your website.
Our company, Innovate Design Studios is in the business of the web. Among others, our services include creation and maintenance of websites for our numerous clients. You can visit our Services page to see a list of services we offer. If you would like to request a quote or get a proposal for design of your website, please submit your request on our Contact page here.
Why Web Traffic so Important
There are over 7 billion people in the world today. Of that number, 4.39 billion people have used the internet in 2019. Statistics further show that that number is increasing by about 1 million people every day. That is enormous.
This statistics is important because it shows the potential reach available through optimized use of the internet. The first thing a business can do to take advantage of this potential reach is to create a website. Since web design is on of our specialties, we have listed some excellent posts we’ve written in the past creating websites below. We believe you will find them useful.
- Does your Company need a Website?
- A beginners Guide to Launching a Website
- How to choose the right Domain Name for your Website
Once you’ve chosen your domain name, built your website and launched it, web traffic is the next thing to focus on. The whole essence of creating a company website is so you can be found by those 4.39 billion people who use the internet. And when someone in need of your products or services does find you online, it means your website is working as it should. Sadly, this is not the case for millions of websites today. Web traffic to some business websites are so small that they are of no benefit at all.
How to check your Web Traffic
Before we delve into some of the ways to increase your web traffic, let’s take a brief look at how to check your website traffic.
Simply put, the easiest way to check your website traffic is to submit your website to a Search Engine. An example of a Search Engine is Google. Basically, a search engine is used to search the internet for information. In addition to search services, they also provide website statistics that show how many people visited your website, the pages they went to, how long they stayed on your website and other related details. These services are also provided by Yahoo, Bing and other major search engines. To set this up for on Google your website, you can visit the Google Search Console page or contact us for assistance.
Asides from search engines, there are several other ways to check your web traffic. If your website is built using WordPress for example, you can use their free tool called Jetpack. It will show you your website stats on a daily, weekly and monthly basis going forward from the day it is installed.
Let’s now take a look at five ways to increase your web traffic.
Five ways to increase your Web Traffic
The process of configuring your website to get more web traffic is called Search Engine Optimization. It is extremely important for businesses because increased website traffic leads to increase in sales. While there are numerous ways to increase traffic to your website, we have highlighted five ways to do so below:
- Submit your Website to Search Engines: First of all, ensure that your website has been submitted to major search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing. This will also provide you with your current website statistics before you begin efforts to increase your web traffic. To do this, you can setup a Google Search Console account and a Google Analytics account. Also note that both accounts have to be linked to your website to begin tracking your website visits.
- Write compelling Content: As they say, content is king. This is because a great content marketing strategy won’t matter if you don’t have appropriate content. Relevant content that people are interested in will keep website visitors on your website and increase chances of a sale.
- Get Social: It’s not enough to produce compelling content and hope that people find it. You also have to be proactive. One of the best ways to increase traffic to your website is to use social media platforms to promote your content. This can be done by creating social media pages for your business. Social media is one of the most popular, free marketing tools around and plays a significant role in driving web traffic. Examples of social media platforms include Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Twitter, Pinterest etc.
- Target long-tail Keywords: Keywords are specific phrases people search for when they want to find certain information. While short-tail keywords are often searched for more frequently, they are more difficult to rank for. Targeting long-tail keywords on the other hand, provides a better chance to rank for products and services you provide. There are several free tools that can be used to find keywords. Some of them include Answer the Public and Ubersuggest by Neil Patel.
- Optimize your website for Speed: Nobody likes a slow website. As a matter of fact, people that visit slow websites are more likely to leave because of loading delays even if the website has the information they need. Optimizing a website for speed includes reducing the size website images, minification, page caching, and other related activities. An easy way to test the speed of your website is to use the Google Page Speed test tool.
Do you already have a website? What is your website traffic like? Have you optimized your website to ensure that you get more web traffic? Leave us a comment on your experiences and thoughts. We would love to hear from you.
Today’s Funny Quote
As is our custom, we would like to leave you with this funny quote by an Anonymous writer,
It may look like I’m doing nothing, but in my head I’m quite busy.
Remember that there is no need to despair if you have a website that does not get any web traffic. If you follow the steps listed above, you will definitely see an increase in traffic to your website. And if you need additional help, feel free to contact us.
If you’ve not subscribed to our mailing list yet, you can do so using our subscribe options below.
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
Have a week ahead and see you again on Friday.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.