Today, we take a look at marketing tactics that small business owners can use to attract and retain customers. Have you ever wondered what ways are best to get customers to know about your brand or products? Or what ideas you could use to get regular consumers at your door? If you have, then this post is for you.
In this post, we will take a look at specific steps you can take in your business to market your business and increase sales.
What are Marketing Tactics
When businesses succeed, its because they have developed a strategic plan on how to do so. Developing and maintaining good marketing tactics take time, especially if it is one that brings in prospective buyers and clients.
What then are marketing tactics? Business Dictionary defines it as “a set of strategic methods intended to promote the goods and services of a business with the goal of increasing sales and maintaining a competitive product. Good marketing tactics typically result in substantial customer satisfaction while facilitating the business…”.
In simpler terms, marketing tactics are strategic actions that help promote a business’s products or services with the specific goal of increasing sales. Marketing is an important activity that successful businesses engage to increase awareness of their products or services and by so doing, increase sales.
Key Elements of Marketing Tactics
Marketing comprises of a number of different activities such as advertising, selling, and delivery of products to consumers or businesses. These are activities that are performed during the process of marketing. However, there are crucial elements of marketing that are necessary for its success. These key elements form the backbone of any marketing tactic. They include:
- Elements of the Product or Service being marketed to a target audience or consumer;
- The Elements of Price, which consumers pay for the product or service. This is the value of the product or service;
- The Place where the product will be available to intending customers;
- And the element of Promotion. This includes the various ways the product or service will be promoted such as through word of mouth, social media, mass media, etc.
Effective Marketing Tactics
Finding the right marketing strategies to use has always been a challenging task for small businesses. Regardless of whether they are products or services, small businesses must use marketing strategies that attract and keep customers. In this section, we present a list of effective marketing techniques small business owners can employ. These include:
- Keeping in touch with potential and existing customers. It also includes leveraging your existing customer base to acquire more customers. This could be done through customer reviews and referrals from satisfied customers.
- Incentives and Added Value. This is one of the most powerful selling points for any product or service as they are aimed at increasing customer satisfaction. An example of this would be giving discounts to customers that refer new clients.
- Social Media Marketing: Virtually everyone these days is on social media and it is great for advertisement and sales.
What marketing techniques have you employed in your business successfully? Feel free to share your experiences in our comments section below. We would love to hear from you and are sure they will be beneficial to other readers.
Today’s Funny Quote
Today, we share a funny quote authored by Theodore Roosevelt, the US President from 1901-1909:
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.
Feel free to subscribe to our mailing list using the signup section below to receive notifications of new blog posts.
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe.
Enjoy your weekend and we will see you again on Monday with another inspiring post.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.