Has career success been something you have struggled unsuccessfully to achieve in the past? 2019 is finally here and with it, new possibilities to achieve success in your career. So if you struggle with your job or can’t seem to succeed in your career, this post is for you.
In our post today, we take a look at seven ways to achieve career success. Interestingly, these keys can also be applied to living a successful life in 2019 and beyond.
What is Career Success?
Generally speaking, being successful in one’s career means moving in a direction in which one’s skills find expanding and continuous expression while getting commensurate rewards for the use of those skills. Regardless of how a person measures success, it involves satisfaction in what one does and rewards for what is done.
Career success is a term that covers a wide range of issues. This is because there are a wide range of careers in the world today that are measured in several unique ways. As a result, career success means different things to different people.
Seven ways to achieve Career Success in 2019
Career success is not impossible to achieve. In this section, we explore seven things to do this year to achieve success in your career.
- Focus on the things you are passionate about: Passion is a remarkable quality. In our post titled Loving what you do, we explored the subject of passion. In that post, we also took a look at a quote by Charles M. Schwab on the subject. He said, “A person can succeed at almost anything for which they have unlimited enthusiasm”. To succeed in your career this year, focus on areas of your field that you are interested and passionate about. When you do, you’ll discover that completing tasks in that area will be easy and that your skills and knowledge grow faster in that area simply because you are interested.
- Develop new skills and Enhance your current expertise: In order to be an expert, you must constantly develop new skills and build upon the skills you already have. Doing this will open new opportunities to you to grow.
- Set achievable, actionable goals: As you focus on your passion and develop your skills, also set career goals for 2019. These goals should be tangible goals that you can take steps to achieve before the end of the year.
- Take calculated steps: Besides the goals you set for yourself this year, also make sure you take calculated steps towards them. For example, as an IT Professional, you can set a goal to acquire three IT Certifications before the end of the year. However, when you set this goal, also include other details such as which three certifications you will take. You can also include additional information such as a timeline for when you should have written the first, second and third certification exam.
- Never give up: There will be times during the year when you will feel discouraged. Despite this, don’t give up. One of the keys to success is constancy of purpose. Keep at it, regardless of the challenges you may be facing and you will see yourself breakthrough into that career success you’ve been waiting for.
- Give priority to important duties: It is easy to get carried away with a task at hand, while forgetting other important duties that need to be done. By prioritizing your duties daily, weekly and monthly as the situation allows, you will be aware of what duties need your attention immediately and what can wait till later to be addressed.
- Get Support: Every person is capable of achieving more with the support of others. This support can be in the form of guidance from a mentor or assistance from a colleague. The success stories of great men are written by others who supported them.
Preparation: The Key to Success
At this point, we would like to share with you another quote from Alexander Graham Bell, the great Scientist. In this quote, he states quite simply, the importance of preparation:
Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.
As you make use of these seven ways to achieve Career Success, remember that preparation towards a task, goal or assignment is important. With preparation, the impossible can be done. Without it however, success may be out of reach.
What other steps have you taken to achieve career success in your life? Let us know in the comments section below.
Today’s Funny Quote
Today, our funny quote is by A. A. Milne, author of the world famous Winnie-the-Pooh books. He said
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
Remember to subscribe to our blog; Innovate Today, to get our inspiring posts and quotes by email. Also, if you really enjoyed this post, repost it on Twitter or share it with your friends on Facebook. Or follow us on Instagram. Also feel free to leave us a comment. We love hearing from and responding to our readers.
Enjoy the rest of the week and we will see you again on Friday.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.