As a business owner, at some point, you will need to consider building some kind of web presence for your company. Considering the sheer scope of the World Wide Web and social media platforms, it would be foolhardy for a prudent CEO to ignore such a major avenue for business exposure.
In this article, we consider the question of whether you need a website and what creating a web presence entails.
The simple answer to the question of whether or not your company needs a website is yes. The truth is not having a website is expensive. It will cost you more in lost sales and clients than the actual web design costs. So let’s take a look at some of the reasons why you need a website.
Why you need a Website
Here are five reasons why your company needs a website:
- Reach more Customers: Through your website and social media accounts, you can reach more Clients and potential customers than you could through a traditional store. Your website will help connect you with new customers through adverts and referrals from people you have worked with.
- Increase your Company Exposure: A corporate website will give website visitors information about who you are, what you do and the products and services you provide. It will also carry important information about your company such as your business address, contact phone numbers, emails, etc.
- Online Sales and Customer Service: Unlike a traditional store, a company website will always be available to anyone who wants to buy a product or service from you. E-Commerce is safe, secure and allows your company to make sales anywhere. Also, through website forums, online chat systems and FAQs, you can provide customer service to clients directly from your website.
- Build your Business Credibility: Having a website helps build credibility for your business. This is important because most people will first “Google” your company name or check your Yelp reviews before deciding to use your services. Having a website helps build your credibility as a company.
- Save Money: A corporate website also helps you save money in advertisement and marketing costs. The cost for traditional advertisement in newspapers and magazines is much higher than for online advertisements. Asides this, you also have the potential to reach a wider market of customers than with traditional ads.
What it would cost you to design a Website
Web design costs vary by several factors. Some of them include the size and scope of work, the type of web hosting service being purchased, etc. In this section, we present an estimate cost for the design of a website.
- Purchase of a Domain Name: Your company will need a domain name. This will be your website address and is generally in the format “www.desiredname.com”. On average, domain name prices range from $9.99 to $16.99. However, if the domain name is owned by someone else and has to be bought from a domain auction site, the price could be much higher. Once purchased, there is an annual renewal fee to keep the domain name
- Web Hosting Service: A web host provides you with a web server that hosts your website files. Examples of Web Hosting companies are Godaddy, Blue Host, WP Engine, iPage, Siteground, etc. The cost for web hosting services varies depending on the desired service. Standard web hosting services include Shared hosting, VPS hosting, Dedicated hosting and Cloud hosting. Most web hosts give the first year of hosting at a discounted rate. The average annual web hosting fee is about $165 per year.
- Web Designer Fees: Asides from your website purchase fees, you will need to hire a web designer or web development company to design your website. Their fees vary depending on the amount of work to be done, type of website needed, etc. The Average price for a standard website ranges from about $500 to $1200.
- Website Maintenance Fees: Website maintenance fees are usually much cheaper than website design fees. They range from about $100 to about $500 per month depending on the type of website and amount of work involved.
On average, it costs about $1,500 to design a standard website and $300 per month to maintain it. However, considering the exposure, credibility and new customer base a website gives your company, the website will pay for itself after a short time.
You also need Social Media Accounts
In July 2017, Facebook reported having over 2 billion monthly users. By extension, this means almost 65 million users visit Facebook several times a day. Interestingly, Facebook allows businesses to carry out targeted advertisements on their website. This allows businesses to advertise to a potential audience of over 2 billion people. Asides from Facebook, other social media platforms such as Twitter, Google+, Instagram and Reddit also reach a lot of people. It is important to creating accounts on these platforms and integrate them with your website. This will provide you with a large potential market of consumers just waiting to use of your products and services.
You need a Website, Let us help you build it
Here at Innovate Design Studios, our goal is to provide you with premium and reliable web solutions at an affordable cost. We offer a range of web design and maintenance services that are customized to meet the needs of our Clients.
Alternatively, you can contact us to request a quote to begin your project.
Innovate Design Studios creates innovative web design solutions that provide you with a secure, custom designed web presence that promotes your business and generates revenue and exposure.